Homemade Pumpkin Bread is made with canned pumpkin, sugar, maple sugar, and simple spices. If you love pumpkin, you’ll love this pumpkin spice bread!
Pumpkin Pound Cake
It’s finally pumpkin picking weather, filled with plaid scarves, cowboy boots, hayrides in apple orchards picking apples, and maple in all my recipes!
I first made this pumpkin bread recipe for the sugar house years ago. I’ve perfected it over the years. And whether you call it pumpkin pound cake or pumpkin bread- anyone who loves pumpkin spice agrees, it’s delicious!
Granulated maple sugar is the granulated form of pure maple syrup. If you can’t find it locally or order it on Amazon. Maple sugar is delicious on buttered toast, French Toast, in your coffee, and sprinkled on bacon before you cook it in the oven.
If you are looking for the perfect pumpkin bread recipe – you’ve found it! Simple ingredients and super easy to make this delicious pumpkin cake!
How to make Pumpkin Bread:
This pumpkin bread recipe is super simple to prepare! You’ll only need a few simple ingredients and one bowl.
Step 1: Mix the granulated sugar, maple sugar, mashed pumpkin, eggs, oil, vanilla, sifted flour, baking soda, spices, and salt in a large mixing bowl with a whisk or an electric hand mixer.
Step 2: Pour the batter evenly into two (9×5-inch) loaf pans lined with paper liners.
Step 3: Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 60 minutes. Test with a toothpick when inserted comes out clean.
Step 4: Make the cream cheese frosting. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside as the pumpkin cake cools.
Or simply dust with powdered sugar, fresh whipped cream and a dusting of ground cinnamon.
These loaf pan liners are a life-saver! I keep them in stock all the time for any loaf cakes like Sour Cream Coffee Cake, Banana Bread, or Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake. Pound cakes and banana bread come out like a breeze with these babies!
Paper pan liners help get cakes out of loaf pans easily. Order them here.
How to cook pumpkin bread perfectly:
- Remember each oven is different. It’s a good idea to use an oven thermometer to monitor the temperature.
- Place the cake pans on a half sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Should any cake batter fall on the sheet pan, clean up is easy.
- Carefully turn the cakes half way through the baking process. Be very careful not to move the pans too much or you chance the cakes falling.
- Let cakes cool completely before removing them from the loaf pans. Loaf pan liners are a life-saver.
This Pumpkin bread is deliciously moist with just the right flavors of pumpkin spice. It’s the kind of cake that gets even more moist the second day.
Pumpkin cake topped with cream cheese frosting or simply dusted with powdered sugar is the perfect fall dessert. Place the frosted cake in the fridge to set the frosting or just indulge right away!
These cute little pumpkin candies can be found at Walgreens or Food Lion in the seasonal aisle. Or order them on Amazon.
Did you make one of my recipes? Please take a moment to leave a star rating. Also, if you are on Pinterest, please feel free to leave a comment there and a photo if you have one! Follow A Farmgirl’s Kitchen on FACEBOOK and PINTEREST and subscribe my mailing list for ALL the latest recipes!
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup granulated maple sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 2 cups mashed pumpkin
- 4 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- pinch salt
- 2-3 tablespoons whole milk
- Mix the granulated sugar, maple sugar, mashed pumpkin, eggs, oil, vanilla, sifted flour, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl with a whisk or an electric hand mixer.
- Use a spatula to scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Pour the batter evenly into two (9×5-inch) loaf pans lined with paper liners.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 60 minutes. Test with a toothpick when inserted comes out clean.
- Let the pumpkin bread cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar, fresh whipped cream and a dusting of ground cinnamon.
- Or, if you prefer. Make cream cheese frosting and spread it on top of each loaf.
Disclosure: As an Affiliate Marketer, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click a product affiliate link on A Farmgirl’s Kitchen and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you! I own every cooking product I recommend and love how they perform.