Pumpkin Bread is incredibly moist, has plenty of pumpkin flavor and delicious pumpkin spice. This pumpkin quick bread is a breeze to whip together in one bowl- no mixers required in about 10 minutes!
This is the pumpkin bread recipe anyone can make! Canned pumpkin along with a few other basic ingredients and you’ll have a super moist pumpkin bread in about an hour.
And the loaves get even more delicious the second day!
It’s finally pumpkin picking weather, filled with plaid scarves, cowboy boots, hayrides in apple orchards picking apples, and maple in my recipes!
If you LOVE pumpkin, you’ll have to try this pumpkin bread recipe! It’s one of our most loved fall recipes! I’ve been making this quick bread for years and it’s one of our absolute favorites!
Why this recipe works
- Easy to make pumpkin bread all mixed together in ONE bowl.
- Made with simple ingredients, readily available in your local grocery store.
- Prep ahead of time – Make this moist pumpkin bread a day ahead of time. It’s the type of quick bread that becomes even more moist the second day.
What you’ll need
- Pumpkin – Use canned pumpkin or mashed pumpkin. Just be careful not to buy pumpkin pie mixture, as that is already pre-seasoned.
- Granulated sugar – Adds some sweetness to the mashed pumpkin.
- Granulated maple sugar – The granulated form of pure maple syrup. Adds a unique flavor to this recipe. (Note: Do not substitute maple syrup as it will change the formulation of this recipe!)
- Eggs – We always use large eggs in our baking recipes and be sure to let them come to room temperature.
- Vegetable or canola oil – Adds plenty of moisture to this pumpkin spice bread.
- Cinnamon and Nutmeg – Warm spice of cinnamon and nutmeg adds plenty of fall pumpkin spice flavor to this quick bread recipe.
I first made this pumpkin bread recipe for the sugar house years ago. I’ve perfected it over the years. And whether you call it pumpkin pound cake or pumpkin bread- anyone who loves pumpkin spice agrees, it’s delicious!
Granulated maple sugar is the granulated form of pure maple syrup. If you can’t find it locally or order it on Amazon. Maple sugar is delicious on buttered toast, French Toast, in your coffee, and sprinkled on bacon before you cook it in the oven.
If you are looking for the perfect pumpkin bread recipe – you’ve found it! Simple ingredients and super easy to make this delicious pumpkin cake!
How to make Pumpkin Bread
This pumpkin bread recipe is super simple to prepare! You’ll only need a few simple ingredients and one bowl.
Step 1: Mix the granulated sugar, maple sugar, mashed pumpkin, eggs, oil, vanilla, sifted flour, baking soda, spices, and salt in a large mixing bowl with a whisk or an electric hand mixer.
Step 2: Pour the batter evenly into two (9×5-inch) loaf pans lined with paper liners.
Step 3: Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 60 minutes. Test with a toothpick when inserted comes out clean.
Step 4: Make the cream cheese frosting. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside as the pumpkin cake cools.
Or simply dust with powdered sugar, fresh whipped cream and a dusting of ground cinnamon.
These loaf pan liners are a life-saver! I keep them in stock all the time for any loaf cakes Coffee Cake, Banana Bread, or Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake. Pound cakes and banana bread come out like a breeze with these babies!
Paper pan liners help get cakes out of loaf pans easily. Order them here.
Tips for Baking
- Remember each oven is different. It’s a good idea to use an oven thermometer to monitor the temperature.
- Place the cake pans on a half sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Should any cake batter fall on the sheet pan, clean up is easy.
- Carefully turn the cakes half way through the baking process. Be very careful not to move the pans too much or you chance the cakes falling.
- Let cakes cool completely before removing them from the loaf pans. Loaf pan liners are a life-saver.
This Pumpkin bread is deliciously moist with just the right flavors of pumpkin spice. It’s the kind of cake that gets even more moist the second day.
Check the middle of the loaf with a toothpick. A toothpick when inserted comes out clean. Pumpkin bread typically develops a crack in the top of the loaves. That’s where you can insert the toothpick to check doneness.
Yes! Wrap the entire loaf in a twist tie bag and plop in the freezer. Or, wrap slices individually well with plastic wrap and freeze. It will last in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Thaw a loaf of pumpkin bread by removing it from the freezer and simply placing it on a clean dry kitchen cloth or paper towels on your kitchen counter. There is no need to remove it from the plastic bag. It should thaw completely in a few hours.
Pumpkin cake topped with cream cheese frosting or simply dusted with powdered sugar is the perfect fall dessert. Place the frosted cake in the fridge to set the frosting or just indulge right away!
These cute little pumpkin candies can be found at Walgreens or Food Lion in the seasonal aisle. Or order them on Amazon.
More Fall Desserts
- Apple Fritters
- Apple Pie
- Apple Hand Pies
- Banana Bread
- Banana Muffins
- Caramel Apple Pie
- Caramel Apples
- Apple Cider Donuts
- Pumpkin Donuts
- Pumpkin Pie
Did you make one of my recipes? Please take a moment to leave a star rating. Also, if you are on Pinterest, please feel free to leave a comment there and a photo if you have one! Follow A Farmgirl’s Kitchen on FACEBOOK and PINTEREST and subscribe my mailing list for ALL the latest recipes!
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup granulated maple sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 2 cups mashed pumpkin
- 4 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
Cream Cheese Frosting
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- pinch salt
- 2-3 tablespoons whole milk
- Mix the granulated sugar, maple sugar, mashed pumpkin, eggs, oil, vanilla, sifted flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt in a large mixing bowl with a whisk or an electric hand mixer.
- Use a spatula to scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Pour the batter evenly into two (9×5-inch) loaf pans lined with paper liners.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 60 minutes. Test with a toothpick when inserted comes out clean.
- Let the pumpkin bread cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar, fresh whipped cream and a dusting of ground cinnamon.
- Or, if you prefer. Make cream cheese frosting and spread it on top of each loaf.
Disclosure: As an Affiliate Marketer, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click a product affiliate link on A Farmgirl’s Kitchen and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you! I own every cooking product I recommend and love how they perform.