Homemade Pumpkin Pie is made with canned pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, maple sugar, and cinnamon, and spices makes the perfect Thanksgiving dessert. This is the BEST pumpkin pie recipe!
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Recipe
With maple syrup being a part of my childhood, I’m adding granulated maple sugar to mashed pumpkin and whipping up a homemade pie. You can make this classic pumpkin pie recipe in either a glass Pyrex pie dish or a dual-handle cast iron pan.
I’m loving Lodge’s new two handle pans. Did you order one yet? Granulated maple sugar is the granulated form of maple syrup- nothing added. It doesn’t have the moisture maple syrup does, therefore it won’t change your recipes if you substitute it in place of regular sugar.
Looking for the pie cutters to create fall leaves- ORDER THEM HERE!
Where do I find Granulated Maple Sugar?
Granulated maple sugar is the granular form of pure maple syrup. There is nothing added to it! It’s simply heated up to a very high temperature and stirred until all of the moisture is gone. If you live in New England, it’s available in most country stores, specialty food stores, and sugar houses. If you’re not in New England, order it on Amazon.
My Pumpkin Pie recipe is perfect for Thanksgiving and the holidays! This recipe is a must for family celebrations. The homemade pie crust becomes perfectly cooked, in every way and your fillings will be delicious. Also try my Easy Blackberry Pie, Blueberry Pie recipe, and Cast Iron Peach Pie. And, if you’re feeding a crowd, try my Blueberry Slab Pie!
How to make Easy Pumpkin Pie:
Step 1: In a large bowl, whisk the eggs slightly. Then use an electric hand mixer or a whisk to mix together the remaining ingredients together, until smooth. Set aside.
Step 2: Using either homemade or store-bought pie dough, place one round in the bottom of a 9 1/2-inch glass Pyrex pie plate or 9-inch cast iron skillet. Roll under the crust and pinch your crust, using your fingers. You want the pie crust to be over the edge of the pie dish, as often times when it bakes, it sinks in a bit.
Step 3: Pour the pie filling into the unbaked pie shell. If desired, add decorative pie dough leaves on the top of the pie filing. Carefully brush the edge of the pie crust with an egg wash. (Egg wash is just one large egg, 1 teaspoon of water, and a pinch of salt whisked together)
(Note: if using a cast iron skillet, spray the bottom of the skillet with baking spray prior to putting the pie crust in it)
Step 4: Bake in a preheated 425 degree F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce the oven to 350 degrees F and continue to bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick when inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with homemade maple whipped cream or store-bought whipped cream.I hope you enjoy this Classic pumpkin pie recipe! For more great Thanksgiving dessert ideas try Old Fashioned Apple Crisp, Pumpkin Pound Cake, Easy Cherry Pie, and Homemade Blueberry Pie.
Aren’t these pie leaves cute? Get creative with your pies this fall and add all these beautiful leaves. Buy them here.
If you’re making Best Ever Homemade Apple Pie, lightly brush the top crust with egg wash and add leaves around the outside edges, or in any creative way you’d like.
Did you make one of my recipes? Please take a moment to leave a star rating. Also, if you are on Pinterest, please feel free to leave a comment there and a photo if you have one! Follow A Farmgirl’s Kitchen on FACEBOOK and PINTEREST and subscribe my mailing list for ALL the latest recipes!
Maple Pumpkin Pie
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated maple sugar
- 1 15-ounce can pureed pumpkin
- 1 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs slightly. Use an electric hand mixer or a whisk to mix together the remaining ingredients together, until smooth. Set aside.
- Using either homemade or store-bought pie dough, place one round in the bottom of a 9 1/2-inch glass pie plate OR 9-inch cast-iron skillet. Roll under the crust and pinch your crust, using your fingers.
- Carefully brush the edge of the pie crust with an egg wash.
- Pour the pie filling into the unbaked pie shell. If desired, add decorative pie dough leaves on the top of the pie filing.
- Bake in a preheated 425 degree F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce the oven to 350 degrees F and continue to bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick when inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with homemade whipped cream.
Disclosure: As an Affiliate Marketer, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click a product affiliate link on A Farmgirl’s Kitchen and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you! I own every cooking product I recommend and love how they perform.