Pumpkin Waffles are the perfect treat for your weekend breakfast or brunch. Homemade waffles are easy to make with only a few simple ingredients.Whipped egg whites makes them light and fluffy. Pumpkin and spices adds the extra depth of fall flavors. You’ll need a waffle iron– it’s a good investment if you love to create homemade breakfast. This is the time of year that I stock our pantry with many cans of mashed pumpkin. You can certainly mash your own pumpkin if you grew them. Make a few extra and put them in freezer Ziploc bags for those days that are super crazy, but you still want something homemade. You can simply plop the frozen waffles in the toaster to warm them up and re-crisp.
Pumpkin adds moist texture and autumnal flavor to these spiced waffles. Beaten egg whites folded into the batter make them especially fluffy.
For more great Pumpkin recipes:
Do you love my recipes? If you have a moment, please leave a star rating.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs room temperature, separated
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- pure maple syrup for serving
- whipped cream for serving
Separate your eggs into 2 different bowls. Add 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar to the egg whites and beat them using a hand mixer until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients with a spoon. Add the egg yolks, vanilla, melted butter, pumpkin and buttermilk and combine. Gently fold in the whipped egg whites with a rubber spatula.
- Cook the waffles in your waffle iron according to the manufacturer's instructions. Serve with warm maple syrup and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Heat your oven to about 200 degrees F to keep waffles warm while you cook the rest. Place them on a half sheet pan lined with parchment paper or in a ceramic baking dish.
Disclosure: A Farmgirl’s Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com