This delicious Apple Cider Pulled Pork is easy to make in a slow cooker. Sweet, spicy, and tender. This is the BEST pulled pork recipe!
Pulled pork goes perfectly with Homemade Baked Beans, coleslaw, and potato salad. Also try my Mexican Shredded Chicken, Easy Homemade Chili, and Beef Brisket Stew, and Boeuf Bourguignon.
Pulled pork with barbecue sauce is a very popular Southern dish. My pulled pork recipe is so easy to make in a slow cooker and is extremely flavorful.
While I love making homemade barbecue sauce, you’re welcome to use whatever store-bought brand you love! Kids are going to back to school soon and I’m ready for fall! I’m also ready for easy slow cooker meals!
Try using my Homemade Barbecue Sauce or Peach Barbecue Sauce with this pulled pork! This is one of the easiest Pulled Pork recipes to make! Sweet, spicy, and so tender! I love serving pulled pork on toasted buns with homemade coleslaw. But, be sure and try it over homemade Mac and Cheese and substitute pulled pork over my BBQ Loaded Fries. Oh my goodness, YUM!
Apple cider is my secret ingredient in many dishes and desserts. This slow cooker apple cider pulled pork turned out amazing! So flavorful and so deliciously tender!
As many of you know, I love using apple cider as an ingredient. Be sure and try my Apple Cider Donuts! You’ll find fresh apple cider in the produce section of most grocery stores, with the rest of the juices.
Be sure and try my Skillet Pork Chops, Pork Tenderloin, and Grilled Pork Chops.
Did you make one of my recipes? Please take a moment to leave a star rating. Also, if you are on Pinterest, please feel free to leave a comment there! Follow A Farmgirl’s Kitchen on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST and YouTube and subscribe my mailing list for ALL the latest recipes!
Pulled Pork Recipe
- 2 packages Smithfield® All Natural Boneless Tenderloin (about 2 pounds each)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup apple cider
- 3 tablespoons prepared stone ground mustard
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups barbecue sauce for serving
- coleslaw for serving
- Place the pork loin into the slow cooker. (fat side up)
- Pour in the apple cider around the pork.
- Spread the prepared mustard on the top of the pork loin. Sprinkle with brown sugar, salt, black pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Set on low and cook for about 7 to 8 hours. Or on high for about 4 hours.
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker, place on a butcher block or cutting board and pull with the meat apart with two forks.
- Toss the pulled pork with your favorite brand of barbecue sauce and leftover cooking juices. Serve on toasted rolls, topped with coleslaw.
- To keep the pork warm, place it back in the slow cooker and turn heat on low.
Disclosure: As an Affiliate Marketer, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click a product affiliate link on A Farmgirl’s Kitchen and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you! I own every cooking product I recommend and love how they perform.
I have a bunch of pork in the freezer right now! I’m definitely going to try this in my slow cooker.
Jessica Robinson says
Don’t you just love slow cooked meals that take hardly any effort?!