This delicious Apple Cider Pulled Pork is easy to make in a slow cooker. Sweet, spicy, and tender. This is the BEST pulled pork recipe!Autumn is just around the corner and I love making pork dishes with apple cider. Pulled pork goes perfectly with Homemade Baked Beans, coleslaw, and potato salad. Also try my Mexican Shredded Chicken, Easy Homemade Chili, and Beef Brisket Stew, and Boeuf Bourguignon.
Pulled pork with barbecue sauce is a very popular Southern dish. My pulled pork recipe is so easy to make in a slow cooker and is extremely flavorful. While I love making homemade barbecue sauce, you’re welcome to use whatever store-bought brand you love! Kids are going to back to school soon and I’m ready for fall! I’m also ready for easy slow cooker meals! For more great recipe inspirations from Smithfield® visit their website.
Smithfield All Natural Fresh Pork is wonderfully tender and juicy without the addition of steroids, hormones, or any artificial ingredients. Smithfield® works along side farm families throughout the United States to produce quality pork. As many of you know, I grew up on a small farm where we raised pigs. Having a quality pork product available in our local grocery store is incredibly important to me.
Try using my Homemade Barbecue Sauce or Peach Barbecue Sauce with this pulled pork! This is one of the easiest Pulled Pork recipes to make! Sweet, spicy, and so tender! I love serving pulled pork on toasted buns with homemade coleslaw. But, be sure and try it over homemade Mac and Cheese and substitute pulled pork over my BBQ Loaded Fries. Oh my goodness, YUM!
Apple cider is my secret ingredient in many dishes and desserts. This slow cooker apple cider pulled pork turned out amazing! So flavorful and so deliciously tender! As many of you know, I love using apple cider as an ingredient. Be sure and try my Apple Cider Donuts! You’ll find fresh apple cider in the produce section of most grocery stores, with the rest of the juices.
Do you love my recipes? If you have a moment, please leave a star rating and share on social media using the hashtag #afarmgirlskitchen
Pulled Pork Recipe
- 2 packages Smithfield® All Natural Boneless Tenderloin (about 2 pounds each)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup apple cider
- 3 tablespoons prepared stone ground mustard
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups barbecue sauce for serving
- coleslaw for serving
- Place the pork loin into the slow cooker. (fat side up)
- Pour in the apple cider around the pork.
- Spread the prepared mustard on the top of the pork loin. Sprinkle with brown sugar, salt, black pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Set on low and cook for about 7 to 8 hours. Or on high for about 4 hours.
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker, place on a butcher block or cutting board and pull with the meat apart with two forks.
- Toss the pulled pork with your favorite brand of barbecue sauce and leftover cooking juices. Serve on toasted rolls, topped with coleslaw.
- To keep the pork warm, place it back in the slow cooker and turn heat on low.