This is the most delicious pound cake for lemon lovers. Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake is soft, moist, full of lemony flavor and topped with lemon icing.
Lemon pound cake folded with wild blueberries is the perfect summer dessert. A delicious and moist pound cake recipe folded with wild blueberries. Then topped with a tart lemon icing. So simple for a fresh summer dessert. Also try my Lemon Pound Cake in a Bundt pan.
Fresh lemon juice and pure lemon oil are added to this pound cake batter for the most moist lemon cake ever! I love using wild blueberries in this cake, but you can use regular blueberries as well.
HOW TO MAKE LEMON POUND CAKE:
Step 1: Use either a stand mixer or an electric hand mixer. Cream the butter and sugar together. Add the eggs, one at a time. Scrape the bottom and sides of the mixing bowl occasionally with a rubber spatula.
Step 2: Add the sour cream, lemon juice, lemon oil and combine. Scrape the bottom of the bowl again with a spatula.
Step 3: Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until the batter is smooth.
Step 4: Fold the blueberries into the batter with a spatula. I keep blueberries in the freezer. TIP: Fold them into the batter frozen and will not smash. You’re welcome to use fresh blueberries if you have them.
Step 5: Divide the cake batter evenly into three 9×5-inch loaf pans. Use paper loaf pan liners for easier clean up. This also makes it easy to give a cake to a neighbor or friend.
These loaf pan paper liners are amazing! I love using them for my Banana Bread recipe and Sour Cream Coffee Cake. Paper liners for loaf pans are just as important in my kitchen as pre-cut sheets of parchment paper. I can’t stand fighting with a roll of parchment paper!
For another great lemon cake try my Lemon Pound Cake recipe.
Do you love my recipes? Please leave a star rating and share on social media using the hashtag #afarmgirlskitchen
Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 6 large eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pure lemon oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup full-fat sour cream
- 1 ½ cups fresh or frozen blueberries wild blueberries
- 2 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Use either a stand mixer or an electric hand mixer, cream together the butter and the sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time. Combine thoroughly. Scrape the bottom and sides of the mixing bowl occasionally with a rubber spatula.
- Add the sour cream, lemon juice, lemon oil and combine. Scrape the bottom of the bowl again with a spatula.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until the batter is smooth.
- Fold in the blueberries using a spatula.
- Place paper liners in 9×5-inch loaf pans. Divide the cake batter evenly into 3 prepared bread pans. Spread the cake batter out gently with a spatula.
- Bake in a preheated 325 F degree oven for hour 15 minutes. Or until you can press on the top and the cake bounces back. You can also check with a toothpick. When a toothpick inserted comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Let the cakes cool for 15 minutes in the pan. Remove from the pan and let cool completely on a baking rack.
- Mix together the icing ingredients in a medium size bowl with a whisk. Add more lemon juice for your desired thickness.
- Once the cakes are completely cooled, spoon the icing over each cake. Let dry before putting cakes into twist tie bags.
Disclosure: As an Affiliate Marketer, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click a product affiliate link on A Farmgirl’s Kitchen and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you! I own every cooking product I recommend and love how they perform.