Orange Glazed Chicken is wonderfully moist, easy to make and perfect for weeknight meals or Thanksgiving dinner. Orange Chicken glaze recipe uses half chicken breasts basted with a sweet and tangy honey orange glaze.
This boneless chicken breast recipe is full of flavor and wonderfully moist. Juicy oven baked chicken breast recipe is seasoned before being cooked in the oven with simple ingredients. The most delicious baked chicken breasts that are so juicy!
This Orange chicken recipe is so simple to make using everyday ingredients. It makes it easy to get a quick and delicious dinner on the table in no time!
We grow fresh rosemary and thyme in our raised beds. But, you can use whatever fresh herbs you prefer for this orange glazed chicken.
Why this recipe works
- Makes a quick dinner – This oven baked chicken breast is one of the easiest family dinners to make.
- Easy to find ingredients – The ingredients can be easily located at most grocery stores.
- Versatile recipe – This chicken glaze can also be used on your Thanksgiving Turkey, chicken thighs and boneless chicken breasts.
What you’ll need
- Chicken breasts – Bone-in and skin on. But you can also use chicken thighs or use this with turkey breast. (It’s an absolute delicious glaze for roasted turkey breast!)
- Butter – Brush the chicken breasts with melted butter. This helps retain moisture, adds flavor and helps spices stick to the chicken.
- Honey – Used in the honey orange glaze. Adds a touch of sweetness to the glaze recipe.
- Orange – Remember to zest the orange first, then squeeze the orange juice into a glass measuring cup. A little orange pulp will just add flavor.
- Apple cider – Apple cider is easily located in the refrigerated section in produce department. Simply Orange also makes a great apple juice, that’s in the refrigerated juice section.
- Dijon mustard – You can use Dijon or stoneground mustard, whatever you prefer.
- Spices – Smoked paprika, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and black pepper.
- Fresh herbs – Rosemary and thyme are a delicious addition to this, but optional. They are also a beautiful garnish to this roasted chicken.
If you’re keeping Thanksgiving small or don’t feel like roasted a full turkey, be sure and try this Roasted Turkey Breast recipe.
How to make oven baked chicken breast
- Make the glaze – Mix all ingredients for the orange honey glaze in a small bowl. Reserve half in a small bowl to serve with the chicken. Use the rest to baste while the chicken cooks.
- Preheat the oven – Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line sheet pan with foil – This will help you with cleanup.
- Season chicken breasts – Place the chicken breasts with the bone-side down on the half sheet pan. Brush with the melted butter, sprinkle with paprika, onion, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Brush with a little orange honey glaze. Insert a digital thermometer so you can check the internal temperature.
- Cook the chicken – Cook for 30 minutes, then continue to baste with orange honey glaze every 10 minutes until the chicken is done.
- Allow chicken to rest – Allow the chicken to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
What to serve with baked chicken
More chicken breast recipes
This delicious chicken recipe is also great on a whole turkey for Thanksgiving. Be sure and serve my Twice Baked Potatoes as a side to this tasty orange honey chicken!
This glazed chicken recipe is delicious with roasted turkey breast as well. Perfect for your Thanksgiving meal.
Sweet, tangy, and flavorful orange chicken is wonderfully moist. You’re guaranteed to be licking every bite of this Honey Orange Chicken!
20 to 30 minutes for boneless skinless chicken breast in a 375 degree F. 30 to 35 minutes for large, bone-in chicken breasts at 375 degrees F.
You can use a brine to keep chicken moist or brush with butter and apply a simple glaze every 10 minutes. This glaze will help chicken stay juicy and have plenty of flavor.
More great Chicken recipes
- Blood Orange Chicken
- Citrus Chicken Thighs
- Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
- Fried Buttermilk Chicken
- Sweet Chili Chicken
Did you make one of my recipes? Please take a moment to leave a star rating. Also, if you are on Pinterest, please feel free to leave a comment there! Follow A Farmgirl’s Kitchen on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST and YouTube and subscribe my mailing list for ALL the latest recipes!
Orange Glazed Chicken
- 2 half chicken breasts bone-in and skin on (or chicken thighs)
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- salt and black pepper to taste
- ¾ cup honey
- zest of one orange
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup apple cider
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients for the orange honey glaze in a small bowl. Reserve half in a small bowl to serve with the chicken. Use the rest to baste while the chicken cooks.
Orange Glazed Chicken
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a half sheet pan with aluminum foil. Place the chicken breasts with the bone-side down on the half sheet pan.
- Brush with the melted butter, sprinkle with paprika, onion, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Brush with a little orange honey glaze. Insert a digital thermometer so you can check the internal temperature.
- Cook for 30 minutes, then continue to baste with orange honey glaze every 10 minutes until the chicken is done. Allow the chicken to rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with the reserved orange honey glaze. Sprinkle with fresh rosemary and thyme before serving.
Disclosure: As an Affiliate Marketer, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click a product affiliate link on A Farmgirl’s Kitchen and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you! I own every cooking product I recommend and love how they perform.