Citrus Marinated Chicken Thighs are moist, citrus flavor, whiskey, and brown sugar. Citrus Chicken Marinade is easy to make and perfect for grilling.
This recipe is perfect for busy households. Packed with flavor and will please even the pickiest of eaters. We brave the cold all winter long to grill outside a few times a week.
Personally, I love the way the grill makes something like marinated chicken taste. It has a unique way of caramelizing the brown sugar in my marinates and honestly, it’s less clean up for me! Which I love- because who wants a greasy mess on the kitchen stove. And we love Whiskey Marinade for Steak and Marinated Flank Steak too!
Did you make one of my recipes? Please take a moment to leave a star rating. Also, if you are on Pinterest, please feel free to leave a comment there and a photo if you have one! Follow A Farmgirl’s Kitchen on FACEBOOK and PINTEREST and subscribe my mailing list for ALL the latest recipes!
Citrus Marinated Chicken Thighs
- 2-3 pounds chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup Whiskey or Bourbon
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- zest and juice from one orange
- zest and juice from one lemon
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and black pepper to taste
- slices of lemon and oranges for garnish
- In a large Ziploc bag, add the marinate ingredients and push around with your fingers to combine. Place the chicken thighs in the bag and let marinate in the refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours. The longer you leave it in the marinate the more flavor the chicken will have.
- Grill the chicken pieces on medium to high for about 5-6 minutes each side, flipping only once. Or until the chicken is cooked thoroughly. Serve with citrus slices, seasoned potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
Disclosure: As an Affiliate Marketer, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click a product affiliate link on A Farmgirl’s Kitchen and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you! I own every cooking product I recommend and love how they perform.