This Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Chicken has a delicious cream sauce with garlic. Chicken tenderloins browned and simmered in a cream sauce with Havarti cheese, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, and fresh rosemary.
Tuscan Chicken with sun-dried tomatoes is super simple to make in under 30 minutes. Chicken with sun-dried tomato cream sauce is the perfect dish for summer dinners. Simple ingredients and easy to make.
I love adding sun-dried tomatoes to many different dishes, including pasta salad and garden salads. For even more added flavor, use the oil that the sun-dried tomatoes are packed with to brown the chicken or even for marinating chicken!
Castello Cheese offers a variety of delicious cheeses with distinct tastes, flavors and textures, so there’s something for everyone. I used freshly shredded Creamy Havarti for this chicken with creamy sun-dried tomatoes. This buttery, mild flavored cheese is perfect for melting!
Havarti is a mild cheese, with just a hint of tangy flavor, that’s perfect for slicing. Its creamy texture and tiny holes are characteristic of Castello’s traditional Danish recipe. Serve this chicken with sun-dried tomatoes with mashed potatoes, pasta, or a simple garden salad.
How to make Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomatoes:
I used a 13.25-inch cast iron skillet to brown the chicken. While the chicken browns, you can get all the ingredients ready for the sauce and then finish this delicious creamy sun-dried tomato sauce in the same pan. This only took a few more minutes.
I also love Danish Blue, which has a sharp blue mold taste with nutty aroma and hints of bitterness. This delicious blue cheese is perfect on my Honey Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches, Harvest Chicken Salad, and with my Easy Chicken Marinade over a garden salad.
Easily locate Havarti Cheese in the specialty cheese aisle of your favorite grocery store. Sun-dried tomatoes in oil can be found in the produce section near the tomatoes.
Did you make one of my recipes? Please take a moment to leave a star rating. Also, if you are on Pinterest, please feel free to leave a comment there and a photo if you have one! Follow A Farmgirl’s Kitchen on FACEBOOK and PINTEREST and subscribe my mailing list for ALL the latest recipes!
Tuscan Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Chicken with Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Sauce
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or tenderloins
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or Olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter (divided)
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup shredded Havarti cheese
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (5-ounce package) fresh baby spinach
- 1 (8.5-ounce jar) sun-dried tomatoes in oil (drained)
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary chopped finely
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Chicken with Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
- Prepare the chicken: Place the chicken breasts in a large zip-style bag and use a rolling pin to flatten the chicken for even thickness.
- Brown the chicken: In a large cast iron skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter and oil. Working in batches, add the chicken and brown on all sides. Cook the chicken on each side for 3-4 minutes, or until cooked thoroughly. Use tongs to turn the chicken as it cooks.
- Use tongs to remove the chicken from the pan. Place the chicken on a half sheet pan lined with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the garlic: Reduce the heat and add remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Add the garlic and stir with a wooden spoon so the garlic does not burn. Cook for about 30 seconds.
- Deglaze the skillet: Add the white wine and stir with a wooden spoon to deglaze the pan.
- Make the cream sauce: Add the chicken stock, heavy cream and combine. Dissolve the cornstarch in cold water and pour into the pan. Cook over low to medium heat until it thickens slightly. Turn off the heat.
- Add the cheese: Add the shredded Havarti Cheese and Parmesan, stir to combine. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Add the baby spinach, fresh rosemary and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Finish chicken in sauce: Return the chicken to the pan and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Serve immediately with mashed potatoes, pasta, seasonal vegetables or salad.
Disclosure: As an Affiliate Marketer, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click a product affiliate link on A Farmgirl’s Kitchen and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you! I own every cooking product I recommend and love how they perform.