Loaded Twice Baked Potatoes are easy to make and use only a few simple ingredients. Top with shredded cheese, sour cream, bacon, chives, and slices of jalapeno peppers.
Now that football season is here, I’m excited for all the tailgating food! Be sure and try my recipe for Easy Homestyle Chili! Be sure and pick up some Sourdough bread bowls from your local bakery for the chili and your homemade soups. Or try making your own Sourdough bread!
If you’re hosting a football gathering or holiday party try these great recipes – Mexican Shredded Chicken, Easy Pulled Pork, and delicious Bacon Cheeseburgers topped with homemade Buttermilk Onion Rings.
How to make Twice Baked Potatoes:
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Wash the potatoes and place directly on the racks in the oven or place on a half sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
Step 2: Cook the potatoes in the oven for 1 hour or so, until the potatoes are tender.
Step 3: Cut the potatoes in half and use a spoon to gently scoop out the softened potato into a bowl. Leave enough potato in the skin in order to keep it sturdy.
Step 4: Mash the potatoes with an electric hand mixer or a stand mixer. Add the sour cream, heavy cream, butter, salt, and pepper. Fold in shredded cheese, chopped chives, jalapeno pieces, and cooked bacon. Scoop this mixture into each potato skin. Top with additional shredded cheese and place back into a preheated 400 degree F oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are fully warmed and the cheese is melted.
Make them ahead of time- You can prepare these potatoes ahead of time and place in the freezer, so all you need to do is cook them and top with garnishes.
Once the potatoes are cooked, top with sour cream, pieces of bacon, fresh chives, and jalapeno slices. Serve immediately.
Did you know that Dr Pepper is not only a great soft drink for your tailgating parties but that it’s used as an ingredient in so many great recipes, including wings, chili, BBQ sauce, and more! Try my Homemade Barbecue Sauce, Honey Chipotle Ribs, Honey Buffalo Chicken, Best Chicken Fajitas, and Easy Homemade Pizza.
Do you love my recipes? Please take a moment to leave a star rating. Make one of my recipes? Please share on social and hashtag #afarmgirlskitchen
Loaded Twice Baked Potatoes
- 5-6 large russet potatoes
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup full-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar blend cheese
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 jalapeno pepper diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives chopped finely
- 5 slices crispy bacon chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper sliced or diced
- shredded cheddar blend cheese
- sour cream
- fresh chives chopped finely
- crispy bacon chopped
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F. Wash the potatoes and place them directly on the oven rack or on a half sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Cook the potatoes in the oven for about 1 hour or until tender.
- Cut the potatoes in half. Place the halves on a half sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Use a spoon to gently scoop the cooked potato into a bowl. Leave enough potato in the skins so they can stand on their own.
- Add the butter, heavy cream, and sour cream to the potatoes. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Use a an electric hand mixer to mash the potatoes and combine the ingredients. Add more heavy cream if needed. You'll want the mashed potatoes to be fairly moist.
- Fold in the shredded cheese, crispy bacon pieces, chopped chives, and jalapeno pieces. Scoop the mixture back into the potato skins. (Note: you might lose a few potato skins and that is okay)
- Sprinkle each potato with additional shredded cheese and bake in a preheated 400 degree F oven for 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Top with sour cream, chives, bacon, and jalapeno pieces. Enjoy immediately.