Brown Sugar Mustard Grilled Chicken starts with a simple to make marinade that is so flavorful. This chicken marinade is easy to make at home and has simple ingredients, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, prepared mustard, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
Do you love a great piece of grilled chicken? This is the BEST chicken marinade ever! Super simple to make this delicious marinade for chicken with only a few simple ingredients and a large zip-style bag.
Be sure and try this grilled chicken with some Homemade Pickles. Marinating chicken makes it super juicy and so flavorful!
I love grilling outside! Besides saving me from having to clean up the stove, grilling gives such wonderful flavors to food. Since it’s summer and we’re eating lighter meals, we’re incorporating more fresh vegetables into meals and making a few simple changes.
Using boneless skinless chicken breasts instead of chicken with skin or removing the skin from chicken thighs. This overnight chicken marinade is a life saver for meal prep.
One of my favorite things to whip up is this easy chicken marinade. It’s packed full of flavors, with just the right touch of brown sugar that caramelizes as it cooks. Serve this yummy chicken on a toasted brioche bun or over a garden salad.
You can even shred this grilled chicken and add it to flatbread with sauteed onions, peppers, and mushrooms. Oh, that is so good! Other summer dishes to try: Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken, Creamy Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Lemon Pepper Chicken, Southwestern Chicken Tomato and Avocado Salad, Grilled Chicken Avocado Sandwiches.
Marinade Chicken in the Refrigerator:
You want to be sure and always marinade chicken in the fridge! Never marinade in room temperature or outdoors when barbecuing, as bacteria can quickly multiply on raw chicken.
How long can Chicken Marinade in the Refrigerator before it goes bad?
You can store marinated chicken in the fridge for up to two days, according the USDA Food Safety. But, I usually recommend cooking the chicken within 24 hours.
I hope you love this grilled chicken as much as we do! It’s super simple to make and my go to meal for everyday meals! So simple to make and super flavorful!
Do you love my recipes? Please take a moment to leave a star rating and share on social media and tag #afarmgirlskitchen
Brown Sugar Mustard Grilled Chicken
- 4 to 5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup whiskey or dry white wine
- 1/3 cup stoneground mustard
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large zip style bag or in between two layers of plastic wrap, pound the chicken to about 3/4-inch thickness, with either a meat tenderizer or a wooden rolling pin.
- In another large zip style bag, place all of the ingredients for marinate and squish around with your hand, from the outside of the bag. Place the flattened chicken breasts into marinate. Let marinate for about 2 to 6 hours, or even overnight.
- Cook on the grill, over medium to high heat for about 3 minutes each side. Or cook in a large skillet with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter. Let rest a few minutes before slicing.
Disclosure: As an Affiliate Marketer, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click a product affiliate link on A Farmgirl’s Kitchen and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you! I own every cooking product I recommend and love how they perform.