Brown Sugar Mustard Grilled Chicken starts with a simple marinade and is so flavorful. One of my most requested dishes.
Do you love a great piece of grilled chicken? This is probably one of the Best chicken marinades ever!
One of my favorite things to whip up is my Brown Sugar Mustard Grilled Chicken. It’s packed full of flavors, with just the right touch of brown sugar that caramelizes as it cooks. Serve this yummy chicken on a toasted brioche bun or over a garden salad. You can even shred this chicken and add it to flatbread with sauteed onions, peppers, and mushrooms. Oh, that is so good!
Can you put frozen chicken in marinade?
Yes, certainly! Since frozen chicken needs to thaw before cooking and the marinade needs time to soak into the chicken, it’s perfect.
Can you marinade chicken in the fridge?
You want to be sure and always marinade chicken in the fridge! Never marinade in room temperature or outdoors when barbecuing, as bacteria can quickly multiply on raw chicken.
How long can chicken marinade in the refrigerator before it goes bad?
You can store marinated chicken in the fridge for up to two days, according the USDA Food Safety. But, I usually recommend cooking the chicken within 24 hours.
I love to put this chicken on top of my Blueberry Strawberry Salad with Candied Pecans!
Many times, I prep this chicken on Sunday and put in a large Ziploc bag, so we can quickly enjoy lunches during the week!!
Do you love my recipes? If you have a moment, please leave a star rating! If you make one of my recipes, please share on social media and tag #afarmgirlskitchen
Brown Sugar Mustard Grilled Chicken
- 4 to 5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup whiskey or dry white wine
- 1/3 cup stoneground mustard
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large zip style bag or in between two layers of plastic wrap, pound the chicken to about 3/4-inch thickness, with either a meat tenderizer or a wooden rolling pin.
- In another large zip style bag, place all of the ingredients for marinate and squish around with your hand, from the outside of the bag. Place the flattened chicken breasts into marinate. Let marinate for about 2 to 6 hours, or even overnight.
- Cook on the grill, over medium to high heat for about 3 minutes each side. Or cook in a large skillet with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter. Let rest a few minutes before slicing.
A Farmgirl’s Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com