Blood Orange Chicken is a delicious chicken marinade that is simple to make and makes this grilled chicken so flavorful and juicy.
Get your grills ready for this amazingly moist and flavorful chicken marinade recipe! You’ll have a delicious homemade dinner done in no time flat! Serve this grilled chicken on a hearty roll, place in a wrap, or slice and put in your favorite salad.
How to marinate chicken
It’s so simple! Just throw all of the marinade ingredients into a large Ziploc bag and press around with your fingers. Flatten the chicken a little, then toss it into the marinate. Place the bag into the refrigerator for 4 hours and up to 24 hours.
The longer you let it sit, the more moist and flavorful the chicken will become.
Did you make one of my recipes? Please take a moment to leave a star rating. Also, if you are on Pinterest, please feel free to leave a comment there and a photo if you have one! Follow A Farmgirl’s Kitchen on FACEBOOK and PINTEREST and subscribe my mailing list for ALL the latest recipes!
Blood Orange and Brown Sugar Grilled Chicken
- ¼ cup blood orange infused olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup Whisky or Bourbon
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Djion mustard
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2-3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- In a large plastic zippable storage bag , add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, honey, whiskey, onion powder, garlic powder, mustard, salt, and pepper. Push around with your fingers on the outside of the bag to combine.
- Place each chicken breast into a plastic bag or in between plastic wrap and flatten slightly with a rolling pin or a meat tenderizer.
- Add the flatten chicken breasts to the marinate. Marinate in the refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours. The longer you marinate, the more flavorful and moist the chicken will be.
- Preheat your outdoor grill to medium to high. Use tongs to place the chicken on the grill. Drizzle with more marinate. Cook on each side about 6-7 minutes, or until you have good grill marks and the chicken is cooked all the way through.
Disclosure: As an Affiliate Marketer, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click a product affiliate link on A Farmgirl’s Kitchen and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you! I own every cooking product I recommend and love how they perform.