Barbecue Chicken Kebabs are perfect for grilling with slices of bell peppers and onions. Marinated chicken, peppers, onions, and heirloom tomatoes are skewered, basted with the marinade, and grilled.
Do you love to grill as much as I do? I love the way grilling fills the neighborhood with sweet and savory smells of whatever I’m cooking and clean up is such a breeze. Not making a big fat mess on the kitchen stove!
Get your grills ready for Barbecue Chicken Skewers. This simple and delicious meal works great for dinners or any backyard gathering. For more grilling recipes be sure and try my Steak Marinade, Flank Steak Marinade, Homemade Barbecue Sauce, Barbecue Ribs, and Easy Chicken Marinade.
You really can add any vegetables you prefer to these skewers, even baby Portabellas. Try brushing them with a thin layer of my Peach Barbecue Sauce towards the end of the grilling process. Oh that would be amazing!
This year we planted plenty of plump, juicy tomatoes, bell peppers, and pickling cucumbers. Growing most of our own vegetables and berries in the summer makes me very happy.
And I love making homemade barbecue sauce and Bread and Butter Pickles and canning them both! We have an on going joke, that if I don’t have the kitchen tool or gadget you need, you probably don’t need it!
More Grilling Recipes:
Did you make one of my recipes? Please take a moment to leave a star rating. Also, if you are on Pinterest, please feel free to leave a comment there and a photo if you have one! Follow A Farmgirl’s Kitchen on FACEBOOK and PINTEREST and subscribe my mailing list for ALL the latest recipes!
Sweet Maple Barbecue Chicken Kebabs
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup dark maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper cut up
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper cut up
- 1/4 red onion cut into large chunks
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes quartered
- wooden skewers soaked in water for a minimum of 2 hours
- Mix the marinate ingredients with a whisk or a spoon in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Slide one piece of pepper for each color onto the wooden skewer. Followed by a piece of chicken, then a few red onion slices, followed by a piece of tomato. Then repeat until the skewer is filled up. Place into a large pan or disposable aluminum pan. Spoon over the marinate. Refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- Grill on high, turning occasionally, until the chicken is fully cooked, about 5 minutes each side. Spoon any extra marinate over the kebobs while they are on the grill. Remove from the grill, let rest for 3-4 minutes and serve.
Disclosure: As an Affiliate Marketer, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click a product affiliate link on A Farmgirl’s Kitchen and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you! I own every cooking product I recommend and love how they perform.