Citrus and Garlic Marinated Flank Steak is marinated for hours, giving it plenty of flavor and helping tenderize an inexpensive cut of beef. This citrus marinade for steak is perfect for grilling or can be cooked on in a cast iron skillet.
This inexpensive cut of beef becomes so flavorful and helps tenderize it, the longer it sits in the citrus marinade. You’ll love this marinade for flank steak! Our schedules are insane. I’m at the gym nearly every morning. So we’re eating healthier and working in more vegetables and less carbohydrates. I’m always thinking about making meals that are hearty, healthy, and that will be quick and easy. Because we all know how life just seems to get in the way!
The longer you marinate this cut of beef, the more tender and flavorful it becomes. If it’s gorgeous spring weather outside, grill on your outdoor grill. If it’s inclement weather or still a bit cold, feel free to grill inside. Have you ever tried grilling on a cast iron grill pan?! Oh I love mine! In the summer time, we love to incorporate heirloom tomatoes into our dinners. They pair well with this Citrus Flank Steak!
Do you love my recipes?! I’d LOVE to hear from you! If you have a moment, leave a comment with a star rating.
Citrus and Garlic Marinated Flank Steak
- 2 5-6 ounce Flank steaks
- 1 head garlic roasted
- 1 large lemon zest and juice
- 1 orange zest and juice
- 1 lime zest and juice
- 1/3 cup bourbon or whiskey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and black pepper to taste
To roast garlic:
- To roast the head of garlic, simply cut a small portion of the top of the head. Place the head of garlic on two sheets of aluminum foil. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast in a preheated 400 degree F oven for about 20 minutes. Let cool completely.
Marinate Flank Steak:
- Place the ingredients for the marinate in a large Ziploc bag. Squeeze the cooled garlic cloves out and mash them. Add them to the marinate. Press with your fingers, on the outside of the bag to combine. Place the steaks in the marinate and let sit in the refrigerator for 2-24 hours.
- Grill on an outdoor grill over medium heat or cook on a grill pan on the stove top. Cook on each side, about 5-6 minutes, for medium rare. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Enjoy with seasonal vegetables.
Disclosure: A Farmgirl’s Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com