I absolutely love grilling and quick marinades that take only minutest to prep. My Citrus and Garlic Marinated Flank Steak is marinated for hours, giving it plenty of flavor and helping tenderize an inexpensive cut of beef.
This citrus marinade for steak is perfect for grilling or can be cooked on in a cast iron skillet.
This inexpensive cut of beef becomes so flavorful and helps tenderize it, the longer it sits in the citrus marinade. You’ll love this marinade for flank steak!
The longer you marinate this cut of beef, the more tender and flavorful it becomes. If it’s gorgeous spring weather outside, grill on your outdoor grill. If it’s inclement weather or still a bit cold, feel free to grill inside. Have you ever tried grilling on a cast iron grill pan?! Oh I love mine! In the summer time, we love to incorporate heirloom tomatoes into our dinners. They pair well with this Citrus Flank Steak!
Did you make one of my recipes? Please take a moment to leave a star rating. Also, if you are on Pinterest, please feel free to leave a comment there! Follow A Farmgirl’s Kitchen on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST and YouTube and subscribe my mailing list for ALL the latest recipes!
Citrus and Garlic Marinated Flank Steak
- 2 5-6 ounce Flank steaks
- 1 head garlic roasted
- 1 large lemon zest and juice
- 1 orange zest and juice
- 1 lime zest and juice
- ⅓ cup bourbon or whiskey
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and black pepper to taste
To roast garlic:
- To roast the head of garlic, simply cut a small portion of the top of the head. Place the head of garlic on two sheets of aluminum foil. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast in a preheated 400 degree F oven for about 20 minutes. Let cool completely.
Marinate Flank Steak:
- Place the ingredients for the marinate in a large Ziploc bag. Squeeze the cooled garlic cloves out and mash them. Add them to the marinate. Press with your fingers, on the outside of the bag to combine. Place the steaks in the marinate and let sit in the refrigerator for 2-24 hours.
- Grill on an outdoor grill over medium heat or cook on a grill pan on the stove top. Cook on each side, about 5-6 minutes, for medium rare. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Enjoy with seasonal vegetables.
Disclosure: As an Affiliate Marketer, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click a product affiliate link on A Farmgirl’s Kitchen and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you! I own every cooking product I recommend and love how they perform.