Making breakfast at home has never tasted better with Chocolate Brioche French Toast recipe. Easy to make with only a few simple ingredients.
Homemade breakfasts have always been a huge part of our household. Don’t you just love a great meal that brings the family around the kitchen table? In our case, it’s the reclaimed butcher block that my dad found in an old bakery that had gone out of business and welded a steel frame for its base. We gathered around that foundation of our farmhouse kitchen on so many occasions to eat homemade meals and discuss daily life. One of our favorite breakfasts is Chocolate Brioche French Toast.
Breakfasts are meant to be enjoyed to the fullest. This delicious treat will definitely be enjoyed! So simple to make and topped with fresh red raspberries, your family will be thanking you! Find sliced Brioche bread in some grocery stores, such as Lowe’s Foods or Harris Teeter. Depending on where you live, there may be local bakeries that carry it too. I’ve found that even certain Walmart’s carry sliced Brioche bread. And if you’ve never had this amazing bread, you’re gonna want to pick up a few loaves. Because it makes the most amazing grilled cheese too!
After we cook the Chocolate Brioche French Toast we spread a generous layer of hazelnut spread on each slice. More or less depending on your taste.
Did you make one of my recipes? Please take a moment to leave a star rating. Also, if you are on Pinterest, please feel free to leave a comment there and a photo if you have one! Follow A Farmgirl’s Kitchen on FACEBOOK and PINTEREST and subscribe my mailing list for ALL the latest recipes!
Chocolate Brioche French Toast
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 12-14 slices Brioche bread
- 2 tablespoons butter or cooking spray
- 3-4 tablespoons Hazelnut spread
- powdered sugar for dusting
- fresh raspberries or sliced strawberries for garnish
- mini semisweet chocolate chips for topping
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, and unsweetened cocoa powder.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Work in small batches, dipping a few pieces of the bread into the egg mixture, flipping once to coat evenly. Place in the preheated skillet. Let cook until golden brown and flip to cook the other side. About 3-4 minutes each side. Repeat until you have cooked all of the French Toast. Keep warm in a 300 degree F oven until ready to plate, if needed. (Tip: the cocoa powder will settle to the bottom of the bowl, so you’ll want to continue to whisk the mixture as you work.)
- Place one piece of French toast on a plate. Spread with a thin layer of hazelnut spread. Top with another piece of French Toast. Spread another thin layer of hazelnut spread on your top piece of toast. Dust with powdered sugar and garnish with fresh raspberries or slices of strawberries. Serve immediately.
Disclosure: As an Affiliate Marketer, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click a product affiliate link on A Farmgirl’s Kitchen and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you! I own every cooking product I recommend and love how they perform.