Making breakfast at home has never tasted better with Chocolate Brioche French Toast recipe. Easy to make with only a few simple ingredients.
Homemade breakfasts have always been a huge part of our household. Don’t you just love a great meal that brings the family around the kitchen table? In our case, it’s the reclaimed butcher block that my dad found in an old bakery that had gone out of business and welded a steel frame for its base. We gathered around that foundation of our farmhouse kitchen on so many occasions to eat homemade meals and discuss daily life. One of our favorite breakfasts is Chocolate Brioche French Toast.
Breakfasts are meant to be enjoyed to the fullest. This delicious treat will definitely be enjoyed! So simple to make and topped with fresh red raspberries, your family will be thanking you! Find sliced Brioche bread in some grocery stores, such as Lowe’s Foods or Harris Teeter. Depending on where you live, there may be local bakeries that carry it too. I’ve found that even certain Walmart’s carry sliced Brioche bread. And if you’ve never had this amazing bread, you’re gonna want to pick up a few loaves. Because it makes the most amazing grilled cheese too!
After we cook the Chocolate Brioche French Toast we spread a generous layer of hazelnut spread on each slice. More or less depending on your taste.
For more great breakfast and brunch recipes, try these recipes: Banana Streusel Muffins, Homemade Blueberry Muffins, Spinach Quiche, Glazed Donuts, and S’mores French Toast.
Did you make one of my recipes? Please take a moment to leave a star rating. Also, if you are on Pinterest, please feel free to leave a comment there! Follow A Farmgirl’s Kitchen on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST and YouTube and subscribe my mailing list for ALL the latest recipes!
Chocolate Brioche French Toast
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 12-14 slices Brioche bread
- 2 tablespoons butter or cooking spray
- 3-4 tablespoons Hazelnut spread
- powdered sugar for dusting
- fresh raspberries or sliced strawberries for garnish
- mini semisweet chocolate chips for topping
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, and unsweetened cocoa powder.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Work in small batches, dipping a few pieces of the bread into the egg mixture, flipping once to coat evenly. Place in the preheated skillet. Let cook until golden brown and flip to cook the other side. About 3-4 minutes each side. Repeat until you have cooked all of the French Toast. Keep warm in a 300 degree F oven until ready to plate, if needed. (Tip: the cocoa powder will settle to the bottom of the bowl, so you’ll want to continue to whisk the mixture as you work.)
- Place one piece of French toast on a plate. Spread with a thin layer of hazelnut spread. Top with another piece of French Toast. Spread another thin layer of hazelnut spread on your top piece of toast. Dust with powdered sugar and garnish with fresh raspberries or slices of strawberries. Serve immediately.
Disclosure: As an Affiliate Marketer, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click a product affiliate link on A Farmgirl’s Kitchen and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you! I own every cooking product I recommend and love how they perform.
So so delicious! Very decadent. It was very easy and simple to put together. Definitely will be remaking.
Jessica Robinson says
Thanks so much Karan!
I love French toast, and making it with Brioche bread makes it even more delicious! Looks absolutely delicious and so chocolatey!
Deborah Leader says
Can I just say, you had me at chocolate here! I’ve been looking for a brioche french toast recipe and so glad I found your site. Thanks for sharing.
Allison - Celebrating Sweets says
Chocolate for breakfast?! Yes, please! This looks perfect!
Celeste | The Whole Serving says
I’ve been using brioche a lot lately, it makes great french toast.
YUM! This looks simply amazing!! I would love to start my day with a stack of these!
Linda Brooke says
Recently bought a copy of Taste of the South and read the article ‘Collecting Eggs’! Ordered your cookbook from Amazon and just got it!! I love it!! The article lead me to your blog!! Will be so excited to follow! I live in Birmingham Alabama ! My passion is cooking and sharing with family and friends and neighbors! I love trying new recipes! Will add yours to my kitchen!
Lisa Torres says
WHOA, these look beyond scrumptious……chocolate and raspberries are my favorite combination! Yummmmm What a great recipe for a special breakfast or brunch. LOVE the bunny cookies too, absolutely adorable. Your recipes always make me smile!