Homemade Strawberry Lemonade is easy to make with fresh strawberries, lemon juice, sugar, and ice cubes. Homemade lemonade tastes so much better than store bought and is so easy to make!
Strawberry lemonade is easy, quick, and refreshing summer drink that only takes 4-ingredients and 10-minutes to make!
Don’t you just love a refreshing glass of homemade lemonade on a hot summer day? Creating yummy flavorful drinks at home is super simple.
Summer is here, sunflowers are blooming and I’ve got the screen door open with a great Southern breeze blowing through. We love making summer drinks at home- including Peach Iced Tea, Raspberry Iced Tea and Pink Bikini Cocktails.
Why this recipe works
- Made with simple ingredients, readily available in your local grocery store.
- Simple to follow directions.
- You can control the ingredients and there are NO preservatives added or artificial coloring!
What you’ll need
- Sugar – We use regular granulated sugar in this recipe that is dissolved in hot water to become a simple syrup. Adjust the sugar to your liking.
- Strawberries – Use fresh or frozen strawberries.
- Lemon juice – We use bottled lemon juice, but you’re welcome to squeeze your own if desired.
My strawberry lemonade recipe has never been easier and once you do, you’ll never buy anything store bought again! To make strawberry lemonade start you’ll need fresh strawberries, lemon juice, granulated sugar, and water.
How to make Homemade Strawberry Lemonade
All you need is a fine mesh strainer. Depending on how much pulp you prefer, you can decide if you just want juice from strawberries or a little bit of pulp. It’s all to your personal preference.
Step 1: Puree fresh strawberries in a blender with a cup of water until smooth.
Step 2: Bring 3 cups of water to a boil and pour over granulated sugar. Stir to dissolve.
Step 3: Add the lemon juice to the simple syrup mixture.
Step 4: Combine the strawberry mixture with the lemonade, stir to combine. Use a fine mesh strainer to strain out some of the strawberry pulp and seeds, if desired.
Step 5: Chill for a few hours before pouring over ice cubes in glasses, add strawberry slices, lemon slices, and fresh mint for garnish.
To make homemade lemonade, you need to make a simple syrup. Sugar will not dissolve properly in cold water.
Fresh strawberry slices, lemon slices, and fresh mint are perfect garnishes for this easy lemonade recipe.
Simply add fresh or frozen strawberries to the blender, combine with simple syrup and lemonade mixture. Add as much or as little strawberry puree as you prefer. Chill the lemonade for several hours before serving.
Now don’t you wish you were sipping on this homemade lemonade!? It’s tart, sweet and with fresh strawberries the perfect summer drink. Strawberry Fruit Bars are also very refreshing for summer.
More Summer Drinks
Did you make one of my recipes? Please take a moment to leave a star rating. Also, if you are on Pinterest, please feel free to leave a comment there and a photo if you have one! Follow Farmgirl’s Kitchen on FACEBOOK and PINTEREST and subscribe my mailing list for ALL the latest recipes!
Homemade Strawberry Lemonade
- 2 cups lemon juice
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 ½ cups cold water divided
- 2 cups strawberries
- plenty of ice cubes
- strawberry slices for garnish
- lemon slices for garnish
- fresh mint for garnish
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil to create a simple syrup. Add the sugar into the pouring pitcher. Pour the hot water over the sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Add the lemon juice to the simple syrup mixture.
- Add strawberries and 1 cup of water to a blender. Puree until smooth.
- Pour the strawberry mixture into the lemonade and stir. You can strain out some of the strawberry pulp and seeds with a fine mesh strainer if you prefer.
- Chill the lemonade for several hours before serving. Serve over ice and add strawberry slices, lemon slices, and fresh mint for garnish.
Disclosure: As an Affiliate Marketer, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click a product affiliate link on A Farmgirl’s Kitchen and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you! I own every cooking product I recommend and love how they perform.