Grilled Chicken Sandwiches are so delicious and perfect for your backyard gathering or picnic. Try this easy to make chicken marinade.
You are going to love my next recipe. I thought since I create so many wonderful desserts that we should explore one of my favorite lunch or dinner recipes. This chicken is wonderfully moist and flavorful. Grilled Chicken Avocado sandwiches are probably one of my favorites for a great lunch or quick dinner. Marinate the chicken and you can pretty much use it for anything.
Did you make one of my recipes? Please take a moment to leave a star rating. Also, if you are on Pinterest, please feel free to leave a comment there and a photo if you have one! Follow A Farmgirl’s Kitchen on FACEBOOK and PINTEREST and subscribe my mailing list for ALL the latest recipes!
Grilled Chicken Avocado Sandwiches
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup prepared stone ground mustard
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the chicken pieces, one at a time in between two layers of wax paper or in a large zip-style bag. Using a rolling pin or meat tenderizer pound chicken to about ½-inch thickness. Using a sharp knife, cut the chicken breasts in half.
- In a clean zip-style bag add the ingredients for the marinate. Squish together good with your fingers. Place flattened chicken pieces in the bag and refrigerate for a minimum of 2-3 hours.
- Grill in a hot pan over medium heat, in 2 tablespoons of canola oil and 1 tablespoon of butter, for about 2-3 minutes per side or until no longer pink inside. Use tongs to flip over.
- Let rest briefly before assembling on rolls. Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on one side of a kaiser roll.
- Top chicken with slices of fresh tomatoes, lettuce, avocado and Cabot cheddar cheese.
Disclosure: As an Affiliate Marketer, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click a product affiliate link on A Farmgirl’s Kitchen and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you! I own every cooking product I recommend and love how they perform.