Watermelon Sangria is one of my favorite sangria recipes for summer! Made with white wine, triple sec, seedless watermelon, and lemon-lime soda – full of delicious watermelon flavor.
This white wine sangria recipe is made with just 6-ingredients and whipped up in a matter of minutes! Watermelon Sangria is the ultimate refreshing summer cocktail.
Summer is here. We’ve been keeping up on the vegetable garden and it’s coming along nicely! After a long, hot day in the garden, a glass of homemade sangria hits the spot!
Why this recipe works
- Simple to make with easy to find ingredients.
- Makes a great adult summer drink.
- Adjust the sweetness as needed and add in your favorite fruit.
What you’ll need
- White Wine – Use a dry white wine you wouldn’t mind drinking on it’s own. We recommend chardonnay or sauvignon blanc. You can even use a bottle of Moscato if you prefer a sweeter sangria.
- Triple Sec – Citrus flavored liqueur, choose whatever brand you prefer.
- Simple syrup – Granulated sugar has a hard time dissolving into a cold drink. Equal parts of sugar and water heated in a small saucepan just until the sugar is dissolved.
- Watermelon– Use perfectly ripe seedless watermelon. You can also add any other type of fruit you prefer, including lime and orange slices.
- Maraschino cherries – Locate these down the canned fruit aisle of your local grocery store. We use the maraschino cherry juices for a pop of color and sweet flavor. Plus garnish with the cherries.
White wine sangria recipes are the perfect cocktails for picnics, pool parties, and backyard gatherings. I love serving them with Tomato Bruschetta, Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches, and Twice Baked Potatoes.
How to make Watermelon Sangria
Add your favorite fruit, such as slices of oranges, different color apples, or seedless watermelon and a fruit juice like guava or mango nectar to the pitcher and stir to combine. I often add a touch of simple syrup, especially if you are using a dry wine.
Be sure and let the sangria sit for 2 to 4 hours before drinking. This helps make sure that all the flavors can mix together. Just let it sit in the fridge until you’re ready to serve. (If adding lemon-lime soda or seltzer, wait to add that just prior to serving!)
More Summer Drinks
Did you make one of my recipes? Please take a moment to leave a star rating. Also, if you are on Pinterest, please feel free to leave a comment there and a photo if you have one! Follow A Farmgirl’s Kitchen on FACEBOOK and PINTEREST and subscribe my mailing list for ALL the latest recipes!
- 5 cups seedless watermelon cubes
- 1 (750 ml) bottle white wine
- ½ cup triple sec
- ½ cup simple syrup
- 2 tablespoons maraschino cherries juice
- 2 cans Sprite or lemon-lime soda
- lime slices for garnish
- watermelon (small slices) for garnish
- maraschino cherries for garnish
- plenty of ice cubes
- Place the watermelon cubes into a blender and puree.
- Use a metal mesh strainer to strain the watermelon juice into a large glass measuring cup. Discard the remaining pulp.
- Add lime slices and watermelon slices into the pouring pitcher or drink dispenser.
- Pour the watermelon juice, along with the wine, triple sec, simple syrup, maraschino cherry juice into a large pouring pitcher or drink dispenser. Stir with a spoon to mix.
- Add plenty of ice to this mixture.
- Pour the lemon-lime soda into the sangria right before serving.
- Garnish glasses with picks of small watermelon slices and maraschino cherries.
Disclosure: As an Affiliate Marketer, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click a product affiliate link on A Farmgirl’s Kitchen and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you! I own every cooking product I recommend and love how they perform.