Homemade Tomato Bruschetta is always a favorite and super simple to make. This appetizer or light lunch captures the essence of summer and great for family gatherings.
I also love heirloom tomatoes on my Spinach Quiche.
We love entertaining and creating festive backyard picnics. But, I also like to enjoy them and I don’t want to spend the entire time in the kitchen prepping food to serve. So simple finger foods like this delicious tomato bruschetta with cheese are great options!
I really like to serve foods people can snack on while we enjoy time together. And it helps keep everyone happy to have something to nibble on, while they wait for dinner to be cooked. (AND if you’re like us, it never gets cooked quite on time!)
How to make Homemade Tomato Bruschetta:
Step 1: Cut up fresh heirloom tomatoes or cherry tomatoes and add to the bowl with the other ingredients. We grew several different varieties of heirloom tomatoes in our garden this year. And, fresh basil. So I just went out to the garden to harvest fresh ingredients.
Step 2: Brown the baguette slices in a cast iron skillet with olive oil.
Step 3: Top the toasted baguette slices with the bruschetta mixture. Add some freshly chopped basil and shaved Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
- Citrus and Garlic Marinated Flank Steak
- Blood Orange and Brown Sugar Grilled Chicken
- Maple Bacon Wild Salmon
Did you make one of my recipes? Please take a moment to leave a star rating. Also, if you are on Pinterest, please feel free to leave a comment there and a photo if you have one! Follow A Farmgirl’s Kitchen on FACEBOOK and PINTEREST and subscribe my mailing list for ALL the latest recipes!
Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta
- 4-5 large heirloom tomatoes or 24 cherry tomatoes diced
- ¼ cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and black pepper to taste
- fresh basil, to taste julienned
- 1 French baguette cut into ½-inch slices
- freshly grated or shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- In a medium bowl, toss the tomatoes, peppers, onion, garlic, and basil with olive oil, honey, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Drizzle olive oil into a large cast iron skillet over medium to high heat, toast the baguette slices for a few minutes on each side. Drizzle more olive oil if needed as the bread toasts.
- Remove the toasted bread from the skillet and top with bruschetta mixture. Top with Parmigiano-Reggiano and enjoy.
Disclosure: As an Affiliate Marketer, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click a product affiliate link on A Farmgirl’s Kitchen and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you! I own every cooking product I recommend and love how they perform.