Get grilling this summer with these sweet and spicy Honey Chipotle Ribs. These sticky goodness are sweet with a kick of spice and will have you licking every bit of these delicious ribs!
Oh my goodness are these so flavorful and moist! The weather has been so beautiful and we’ve been firing up the grill nearly every night. I love grilling outdoors and leaving the mess behind. Plus, it’s so easy to create flavorful meals in no time flat! Try making your own homemade Barbecue Sauce or Peach Barbecue Sauce.
What Temperature to Cook Ribs on the Grill:
Heat your gas or charcoal grill to medium (about 300 degrees F) Sprinkle with desired seasonings. Grill for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours over indirect heat until tender. Baste with honey balsamic chipotle barbecue sauce during the last 30 minutes or so and cook over direct heat, on low to medium. Carefully watch the ribs so they do not burn. Use tongs to turn the ribs frequently and baste with additional sauce as they finish cooking.
Whether you’re using a charcoal or gas grill, your results will be excellent!
Smithfield Fresh Pork is perfect any night on the grill, whether a great weeknight meal or getting together to barbecue with family and friends. Get grilling outdoors and enjoy the nice weather! I’m excited about hosting many backyard gatherings this summer! We love making Tomato Bruschetta for family picnics too!
How to cook Corn on the Grill:
I bought corn that was partially shucked, so the silk was removed. I simply wrapped 4 ears in aluminum foil and placed them on the grill with my ribs. Rotate the package of corn a few times as it cooks. The aluminum foil helps steam the corn and keeps it moist. Cook in the foil for about 20-25 minutes. Then unwrap and set the corn directly on the grill to get some great grill marks. Use rubber tipped tongs to easily turn the corn!
Take the corn off the grill and top with Parmesan herb butter: 2 tablespoons thyme and rosemary leaves minced mixed with 1 stick butter and 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately with your ribs!
Don’t forget to let me know how you like these ribs by leaving a comment! I’d love to hear what you’re cooking on the grill!
Honey Balsamic Chipotle Ribs
- 1 package Smithfield Extra Tender St Louis Style Ribs or Back Ribs
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups barbecue sauce your favorite brand
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Heat your gas or charcoal grill to medium (about 300 degrees F). Sprinkle both sides of the ribs with brown sugar, salt, and black pepper. Gently rub in with your fingers. Grill for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours over indirect heat until ribs are tender. Use tongs to turn the ribs about every 20 minutes or so.
- In a large bowl, combine chopped ground chipotle, honey, balsamic vinegar, and honey.
- Baste with honey balsamic chipotle barbecue sauce during the last 30 minutes or so and cook over direct heat, on low to medium. Carefully watch the ribs so they do not burn. Use tongs to turn the ribs frequently and baste with additional sauce as they finish cooking.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Enjoy with grilled corn and other seasonal vegetables.