Maple Whiskey Grilled Chicken is marinated with whiskey, pure maple syrup, prepared mustard, and spices. This delicious marinated chicken is served with sauteed mushrooms it makes the perfect weeknight dinner.
Maple was obviously a big part of my life growing up on a small farm. I have vivid memories of sweet sugary steam escaping from the wooden cupola doors, that my dad would open and lay on the roof of the sugar house. You could smell that sweet sticky goodness throughout the entire neighborhood.
If you love grilling as much as we do, I’m positive you’ll be savoring every bite of my Maple Whiskey Grilled Chicken. (feel free to try this marinate with a NY strip steak too!) Try my Whiskey Marinade for Steak, Grilled Pork Chops, Cast Iron Chicken Fajitas, and Citrus Chicken Marinade.
Get the grill ready and get this easy chicken marinade onto your backyard picnic menu. It’s as simple as putting the ingredients into a large Ziploc bag, push around with your fingers and throw the chicken in to marinate. Then either grill outside or in a cast iron grill pan (which is a favorite of mine!)
Don’t forget to check out my Strawberry Rhubarb Lemonade for your festivities! Add a splash of vodka or white rum for a little boost.
Did you make one of my recipes? Please take a moment to leave a star rating. Also, if you are on Pinterest, please feel free to leave a comment there and a photo if you have one! Follow A Farmgirl’s Kitchen on FACEBOOK and PINTEREST and subscribe my mailing list for ALL the latest recipes!
Maple Whiskey Grilled Chicken
Maple Whiskey Chicken Marinade
- 1 cup whiskey
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4-5 tablespoons stone ground mustard (prepared mustard)
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 3-4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups baby bella mushrooms sliced, sauteed
Maple Whiskey Grilled Chicken
- In a large zip-style bag combine the ingredients for the marinate.
- Use a wooden rolling pin or meat tenderizer to flatten the chicken, only slightly to even the thickness out.
- Place the chicken breasts into the marinate and place in the refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours. The longer it marinates, the more flavor it will have.
- Grill the chicken on medium to high about 4-5 minutes each side, or until cooked all the way through. Let rest for 4-5 minutes before slicing to enjoy.
- In a cast iron skillet, over medium heat cook the mushrooms in 1 tablespoon of canola oil and 1 tablespoon of butter. Use a wooden spoon to occasionally stir the mushrooms as they cook. Browning all sides.
- Serve with sauteed mushrooms and your favorite seasonal vegetables.
Disclosure: As an Affiliate Marketer, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click a product affiliate link on A Farmgirl’s Kitchen and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you! I own every cooking product I recommend and love how they perform.