Maple Whiskey Grilled Chicken is marinated with whiskey, pure maple syrup, prepared mustard, and spices. Served with sauteed mushrooms it makes the perfect weeknight dinner.
Maple was obviously a big part of my life growing up on a small farm. I have vivid memories of sweet sugary steam escaping from the wooden cupola doors, that my dad would open and lay on the roof of the sugar house. You could smell that sweet sticky goodness throughout the entire neighborhood.
If you love grilling as much as we do, I’m positive you’ll be savoring every bite of my Maple Whiskey Grilled Chicken. (feel free to try this marinate with a NY strip steak too!)
I’ve been back in the farm kitchen and developing more recipes for your pure enjoyment. From this all-American home cook to your kitchen, I’m really hoping you enjoy this one! Get the grill ready and get this delicious chicken onto your backyard party menu. It’s as simple as putting the ingredients into a large Ziploc bag, push around with your fingers and throw the chicken in to marinate. Then either grill outside or in a cast iron grill pan (which is a favorite of mine!)
Don’t forget to check out my Strawberry Rhubarb Lemonade for your festivities! Add a splash of vodka or white rum for a little boost for your holiday party. This time of year, you can find rhubarb frozen. Or, if you’re like us, you froze some from your garden and it’s in your own freezer! Let me know what you’re cooking and baking this week.Do you love my recipes? If you have a moment, please leave a star rating. Did you make one of my recipes? Please share on social media and hashtag #afarmgirlskitchen
Maple Whiskey Grilled Chicken
- 1 cup whiskey
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4-5 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3-4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups baby bella mushrooms sliced, sauteed
- In a large Ziploc bag combine the ingredients for the marinate.
- Use a wooden rolling pin or meat tenderizer to flatten the chicken, only slightly to even the thickness out. Place the chicken breasts into the marinate and place in the refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours. The longer it marinates, the more flavor it will have.
- Grill on medium to high about 4 minutes each side, or until cooked all the way through. Let rest for 4-5 minutes before slicing to enjoy. Serve with sauteed mushrooms and your favorite vegetables. This chicken also makes a great sandwich.