Homemade Strawberry Rhubarb Lemonade is easy to make and refreshing for a hot summer’s day!
The last few days I’ve been doing yard work, prepping for planting a few vegetables and annual flowers. Boy was it hot outside with the sun beating down onto my skin! I wanted nothing more than to be sipping on a refreshing glass of this Strawberry Rhubarb Lemonade! It’s sweet with a little kick of sour! You can definitely taste the freshly picked rhubarb in this lemonade. I have very fond memories of rhubarb growing along the entire length of our family’s vegetable garden. That garden, wasn’t your typical backyard garden. It was 150-feet long by 60-feet wide and we grew over 100 tomato plants, bell peppers, eggplant, green beans and yellow wax beans (because my mom didn’t like green beans, lol!) and plenty of rows of corn.
How do I make homemade lemonade?
Homemade lemonade is as simple as dissolving granulated sugar in boiling water and then adding some lemon juice. But, I wanted to incorporate the flavors of spring with tart rhubarb and sweet strawberries into this refreshing lemonade. Boy are you gonna love this one! Let me know what you think.
How do I make spiked lemonade?
Want to make it an adult drink? Simply add 2 cups of white wine or even a splash of vodka. Now that’s a great drink for the weekend!
More Lemonade Recipes:
Strawberry Rhubarb Lemonade
- 2 cups lemon juice
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups rhubarb fresh or frozen
- 2 cups strawberries fresh or frozen
- Plenty of ice
- Frozen strawberries halves for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, over medium to low heat, soften the rhubarb and strawberries. Once they are soft, turn the heat off and press the fruit through a hand mill. Reserve the juices and discard the pulp and seeds.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the sugar and water, until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly. Pour the mixture into a 1-gallon container, along with the lemon juice and fruit juices. Stir with a wooden spoon and add plenty of ice to fill the container. Add frozen strawberries for garnish and enjoy over ice.