Raspberry Oatmeal Bars have a buttery oatmeal crust, filled with sweet raspberry jam and topped with a delicious crumbly oatmeal topping.
I used raspberry jam with seeds. Because, raspberries are supposed to have seeds. But, you could use seedless raspberry jam, or any other flavor of jam you prefer. Raspberry streusel bars are so simple to make and have a delicious streusel topping.
Raspberry Bars are one of the easiest dessert bars to make.
These raspberry crumble bars are so simple to make are are the perfect dessert for BBQ’s, picnics, and potluck gatherings.
Why this recipe works
- Simple to make dessert bar!
- Made with simple ingredients, readily available in your local grocery store.
- Butter – I always buy unsalted butter. That way I can control the salt in my recipes.
- Brown sugar – Creamed together with the butter gives you a moist and flavorful base.
- Old-fashioned rolled oats – One of the most affordable ingredients- you’ll find it in the cereal aisle.
- all-purpose flour – Helps make the oatmeal cookie base for this dessert.
How to make Raspberry Bars
Step 1: Cream together the brown sugar and softened butter. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl occasionally with a rubber spatula.
Step 2: Add the vanilla extract, rolled oats, flour, salt, and baking powder; stir to combine. Again scraping the bottom and sides of the mixing bowl with a rubber spatula.
Step 3: Press half of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
Step 4: Spread the jam over the bottom layer using a large spoon or rubber spatula. (I absolutely love ThermoWorks mini spatulas for getting jam out of the jar!)
Step 5: Crumble the remaining oatmeal mixture over the top of the raspberry jam layer.
Step 6: Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 45-50 minutes, or until lightly browned and jam is bubbling. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
More Baking Recipes
- Raspberry Muffins
- Strawberry Raspberry Rhubarb Pie
- Cast Iron Cinnamon Rolls
- Oatmeal Cream Sandwich Cookies
- Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Did you make one of my recipes? Please take a moment to leave a star rating. Also, if you are on Pinterest, please feel free to leave a comment there and a photo if you have one! Follow A Farmgirl’s Kitchen on FACEBOOK and PINTEREST and subscribe my mailing list for ALL the latest recipes!
Raspberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars
Raspberry Oatmeal Bars
- 1 ½ cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (18-ounce) jar raspberry jam Smucker’s or your favorite brand
Raspberry Oatmeal Bars
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract, rolled oats, flour, salt, and baking powder and stir to combine. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl occasionally with a rubber spatula.
- Press ¾ of the oatmeal mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Spread the jam over the bottom layer.
- Crumble the remaining oatmeal mixture over the raspberry jam layer.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes, or until lightly golden brown and the jam is bubbling. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Disclosure: As an Affiliate Marketer, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click a product affiliate link on A Farmgirl’s Kitchen and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you! I own every cooking product I recommend and love how they perform.