Get ready for the BEST Steak Marinade ever! This easy grilling marinade is perfect for grilling the juiciest and the most flavorful steak.
This marinade for steak is a blend of apple cider vinegar, olive oil, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, whiskey, a spoonful of Better Than Bouillon, minced garlic, and spices.
Have you ever used Better Than Bouillon? I’ve been using it for several years now and low the convenience of it. Not unwrapping all those little bouillon cubes!
I recommend marinating your steak for a minimum of 2 hours. But if you can, it’s really best to marinate your steak for at least 6-8 hours.
That way the flavors can really soak into the steak. You can leave your steak in the marinade for up to 24 hours. Always marinade in the refrigerator.
This marinade recipe works well with many cuts of beef, including flank steak, T-bone, New York strip, ribeye, sirloin, and filet Mignon.
The most accurate way to gauge if your steak is done is to use a meat thermometer or a digital thermometer. Insert your thermometer into the thickest part of your meat to determine whether the steak is at your preferred level of doneness.
- Medium Rare: 135 degrees F
- Medium: 145 degrees F
- Medium Well: 150 degrees F
For more information about cooking steak perfectly Internal Temperatures of Steak.
Keep in mind, steaks should rest before slicing for about 5 minutes. It’s best to take the steaks off the grill a little before they are done, as they will continue to cook as they rest.
I love how simple it is to create this easy steak marinade. And who doesn’t love a quick and delicious meal! Plan ahead, and marinade your steak the night before. You can even thaw your steaks in the marinade. Now, how easy was that?! I love grilling outdoors so there is so much less clean up for dinner!
Did you make one of my recipes? Please take a moment to leave a star rating. Also, if you are on Pinterest, please feel free to leave a comment there and a photo if you have one! Follow Farmgirl’s Kitchen on FACEBOOK and PINTEREST and subscribe my mailing list for ALL the latest recipes!
BEST Steak Marinade
- 4 Ribeye steaks or NY Strip steaks
- 1 tablespoon Better Than Bouillon Beef base
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup whiskey or bourbon
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Combine the brown sugar, whiskey, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, Better Than Bouillon, onion powder, garlic powder, rosemary, garlic, salt, and black pepper in a large glass measuring cup. Stir with a spoon to combine.
- Place the steaks in a large zip-style freezer gallon bag and pour the marinade over steaks. Refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours. When ready to cook, allow the steaks to come to room temperature while preparing the grill.
- Grill the steaks on medium-high heat for about 6 minutes on each side, or until desired doneness is reached. Transfer the steaks to a plate or half sheet pan lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Cover with aluminum foil to keep warm and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice on a cutting board. Serve the steak over a fresh garden salad, or serve with seasonal vegetables, and mashed potatoes.
Disclosure: As an Affiliate Marketer, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click a product affiliate link on A Farmgirl’s Kitchen and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you! I own every cooking product I recommend and love how they perform.