Sweet Chili Chicken is sweet and spicy with flavors of garlic, fresh ginger, soy, and sweet chili sauce. This easy chicken marinade is perfect for a grilled chicken.
For summer, I love using this sweet chili chicken marinade. The ingredients are easy to find and it’s such a flavorful chicken marinade recipe! And, who doesn’t love quick and easy meals for the summer?!
I love grilling outside! Besides saving me from having to clean up the stove, grilling gives such wonderful flavors to food.
Since it’s summer and we’re eating lighter meals, we’re incorporating more fresh vegetables into meals and making a few simple changes. Using boneless skinless chicken breasts instead of chicken with skin or removing the skin from chicken thighs.
Try some of my other great grilling recipes that you can swap out corn oil in the recipe to make them better for you! Blood Orange Chicken, Citrus Marinated Chicken, Whiskey Marinated Steak, and Grilled Pork Chops.
The charcoal grill helps provide such wonderful flavors with everything we grill. But, we also have a gas grill for busier nights.
I mean, how good does this chicken look?! And it’s so wonderfully flavorful and juicy. It’s the perfect grilled chicken recipe!
Mazola has a smoke point higher than most cooking oils at 450°F and performs well in a variety of cooking applications. Many home cooks may not realize that all cooking oils have a smoke point that, once exceeded, not only negatively affect the food’s flavor and nutritional value. I hope you love this Sweet Chili Chicken as much as we do!
Did you make one of my recipes? Please take a moment to leave a star rating. Also, if you are on Pinterest, please feel free to leave a comment there and a photo if you have one! Follow A Farmgirl’s Kitchen on FACEBOOK and PINTEREST and subscribe my mailing list for ALL the latest recipes!
Sweet Chili Chicken
Sweet Chili Chicken Marinade
- 1 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Mazola Corn Oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2-3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
Sweet Chili Chicken
- In a large zip-style bag add the marinade ingredients and push around on the outside of the bag with your fingers to combine.
- Lightly flatten the chicken by placing one piece at a time inside a plastic bag or between two pieces of plastic wrap. Use a wooden rolling pin or a meat tenderizer to flatten the chicken slightly and make it even thickness.
- Place each piece of flattened chicken into the marinade. Place in the refrigerator for 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Preheat your gas grill to medium to high heat. If using a charcoal grill, pile charcoal bricks in the center of the bottom of the grill in a pile. Use lighter fluid to get them going. Wait until the flames are gone to spread the heated charcoal bricks out evenly in the grill.
- Grill the chicken over medium to high heat for about 3-4 minutes on each side. Turn occasionally with tongs. Pour the remaining marinade over the chicken while it cooks. Cook until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165 degrees F.
- Remove from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Enjoy with fresh, seasonal vegetables.
Disclosure: As an Affiliate Marketer, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click a product affiliate link on A Farmgirl’s Kitchen and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you! I own every cooking product I recommend and love how they perform.