These yummy cookie ice cream sandwiches are a great treat for a birthday party, backyard barbeque or movie night at home. Simple to make and you can control the ingredients. Use homemade or your favorite store bought ice cream.
They are easy to make and easy to assemble. Make the cookies, let them cool completely. Sandwich your favorite flavor of ice cream in between two cookies. Use the back of the ice cream scoop or a spoon to flatten the ice cream a bit, before placing the top cookie on top. Place on a half sheet pan lined with parchment paper or metal baking pan and plop back in the freezer for the ice cream to firm up. Once the ice cream is firm, take out of the freezer and place in individual baggies and place back in the freezer. Enjoy whenever you are craving a homemade frozen treat.
Do you love my recipes? If you have a moment, please leave a star rating.
Homemade Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter softened
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together softened butter, sugar and brown sugar. Add the egg, vanilla extract and combine. Scrap the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder. Add the oatmeal to the dry ingredients and mix into the creamed butter and sugar. Combine until the dough leaves the sides of the bowl. Add the chocolate chips and mix only until combined.
- Scoop rounds out onto a parchment lined sheet pan. Leave a little space as the cookies will spread. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Let cool completely on a baking rack.
- Place one scoop of your favorite flavor of ice cream onto the back of one cookie and press another cookie on top with the palm of your hand. Wrap the cookies with plastic wrap or place into individual little plastic baggies. Get the cookie sandwiches into the freezer quickly. Let them set in the freezer for 6-8 hours or overnight. Then enjoy!