Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches are delicious and easy to make. These ice cream sandwiches are made with a homemade chocolate chip cookie and store-bought ice cream.
Summer is officially here! We’ve got the yard cleaned up and the vegetable garden planted. I just stocked our freezer with homemade ice cream sandwiches.
This ice cream sandwiches recipe is super simple to make. It starts with a delicious homemade chocolate chip cookie and store-bought ice cream of your choice.
These yummy cookie ice cream sandwiches are a great treat for a birthday party, backyard barbecue or movie night at home. Simple to make and you can control the ingredients. Use homemade or your favorite store bought ice cream.
How to make Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches:
They are easy to make and easy to assemble. Make the cookies, let them cool completely.
Sandwich your favorite flavor of ice cream in between two cookies. Use the back of the ice cream scoop or a spoon to flatten the ice cream a bit, before placing the top cookie on top. (Otherwise you’ll crack the cookie and destroy it!)
Place on a half sheet pan lined with parchment paper or metal baking pan and plop back in the freezer for the ice cream to firm up.
Once the ice cream is firm, take out of the freezer and place in individual baggies and place back in the freezer. Enjoy whenever you are craving a homemade frozen treat.
Did you make one of my recipes? Please take a moment to leave a star rating. Also, if you are on Pinterest, please feel free to leave a comment there and a photo if you have one! Follow A Farmgirl’s Kitchen on FACEBOOK and PINTEREST and subscribe my mailing list for ALL the latest recipes!
Homemade Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter softened
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together softened butter, sugar and brown sugar. Add the egg, vanilla extract and combine. Scrap the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder. Add the oatmeal to the dry ingredients and mix into the creamed butter and sugar. Combine until the dough leaves the sides of the bowl. Add the chocolate chips and mix only until combined.
- Scoop rounds out onto a parchment lined sheet pan. Leave a little space as the cookies will spread. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Let cool completely on a baking rack.
- Place one scoop of your favorite flavor of ice cream onto the back of one cookie and press another cookie on top with the palm of your hand. Wrap the cookies with plastic wrap or place into individual little plastic baggies. Get the cookie sandwiches into the freezer quickly. Let them set in the freezer for 6-8 hours or overnight. Then enjoy!
Tips on baking the perfect cookie:Always rotate your baking pans. Completely turning the tray around and rotating baking pan on the top rack with the baking pan on the bottom rack.
Disclosure: As an Affiliate Marketer, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click a product affiliate link on A Farmgirl’s Kitchen and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you! I own every cooking product I recommend and love how they perform.