One of the most amazing French Toast Recipe ever- S’mores French Toast. Layers of Brioche bread, coated in crushed graham cracker crumbs, toasted marshmallows, and drizzled with chocolate-hazelnut spread. Warm gooey goodness for a homemade breakfast.
The delicious combination of graham crackers, melted chocolate, and toasted marshmallows is irresistible. Nothing reminds me more of being a kid than s’mores. Do you remember that roaring fire, cracking and popping? And toasting marshmallows on a stick that your father took his knife and made the end sharp? Such wonderful summer memories! There’s no campfire required for S’mores French Toast. You’ll also love my Brioche French Toast.
Pieces of Texas toast or sliced brioche bread are dipped into an egg batter and then coated in crushed graham crackers. Be sure and try my S’mores Bars for a great chocolatey dessert!
How to make French Toast:
Step 1: Use a whisk or a fork to beat together eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Dip the bread into the egg mixture.
Step 2: Roll in crushed graham crackers to coat the bread.
Step 4: Place the cooked French Toast onto a half sheet pan lined with parchment paper and top with a few mini marshmallows. Place under the broiler for 1-2 minutes to brown the marshmallows.
Step 5: Top each piece of French Toast with Chocolate Hazelnut spread and serve with fresh slices of strawberries. Enjoy immediately.
PRO TIP: Keep French Toast warm while you cook the entire batch by placing it on a half sheet pan lined with parchment paper and placing in a preheated 200 degree F oven.
S'mores French Toast
One of the most amazing French Toast Recipe ever- S'mores French Toast
- 8-10 slices Texas toast or Brioche bread
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- cinnamon to taste
- 1 sleeve graham crackers crumbs
- Hazelnut spread
- mini marshmallows
- fresh strawberry slices for garnish
- Make your egg mixture in a large bowl. Whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon. Place the egg mixture in a shallow dish or pie plate.
- Place graham cracker crumbs into a shallow dish or pie plate.
- Dip 2 pieces of bread into the egg mixture and then into the graham cracker crumbs. Coat both sides.
- Place the graham cracker coated bread into a preheated skillet or griddle that was greased with either butter or cooking spray. Cook on each side about 2 minutes, or until golden brown. Place the toast pieces either in a cast iron skillet or half sheet pan lined with parchment paper and top each piece with mini marshmallows. Place under the broiler for 1-2 minutes to brown the marshmallows. Top with hazelnut spread and enjoy. Serve with slices of fresh strawberries if desired.