These Chewy Brownies are just as chewy as boxed brownies and easy to make in one bowl. Chewy Fudge Brownies will be your new favorite brownie recipe.
Post contains affiliate links
Do you love homemade Brownies as much as I do? My husband was raised on boxed brownies. Knowing that he was used to the way they taste, I set my baking talents on creating a from scratch brownie that has similar characteristics of a box brownie, but none of the preservatives. Soft, chocolaty, gooey and oh so delicious. For more great dessert recipes be sure and try Blackberry Pie, Raspberry Oatmeal Bars, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies, Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Filling, and Yellow Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting.
What makes a brownie chewy?
Adding oil to these brownies helps make them chewy and keeps them super moist.
What makes the top of brownies flaky?
Whisking the sugar and eggs until they are almost white, along with mixing butter and canola oil gives you that flaky top to the brownies.
Brownies are a very simple thing to make at home. Only a few ingredients, most that you probably already have in your pantry. But, adding the little bit of brewed coffee helps accent and bring out the chocolate flavors even more.
How do I get my brownies to cook evenly in the pan?
A little discussion about baking pans. Personally, I absolutely cannot stand these fancy non-stick coated pans! They are horrible. The temperature is not even and they do not bake evenly. Meaning, your brownies will burn to a crisp around the edges and the rest will be soft. Now, I’m not sure about you?! But, I’m not looking to waste half of the brownies, we want to eat the whole darn pan full! A simple aluminum baking pan is my personal preference. AND, do yourself the favor and order the darn thing on Amazon. Because unless you are close to King Arthur Flour in Norwich, Vermont or some great family-owned kitchen store, you’re not gonna find one. Your darn sure not gonna find one in Walmart!
Do you love my recipes? If you have a moment, please leave a star rating. Did you try one of my recipes? Please share on social media and hashtag #afarmgirlskitchen
Chewy Fudge brownies
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 4-ounce bar unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons brewed coffee room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose or cake flour
- 12 Reese's peanut butter mini cups cut up small
- Cut the chocolate bar into small pieces.
- Prepare your baking pan (8 x 8- inches square) with cooking/baking spray. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a glass measuring cup, melt the butter and chocolate in the microwave on high for 30 seconds. Then again for 30 seconds. Stir with a spoon and let sit for 5 minutes until the chocolate is dissolved completely. Microwave a little more if needed. Let cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, salt, eggs, and vanilla extract. Whisk briskly until the eggs are almost white in color. Add the coffee and whisk in. Pour in the chocolate/butter mixture and whisk into the egg mixture. Mix in the canola oil.
- Add the flour and stir in with a rubber spatula. Once completely mixed, fold in the Reese's peanut butter pieces. Pour the batter into a prepared 8x8-inch baking pan and gently spread out using a rubber spatula. (I recommend NOT using a non-stick pan)
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 45-50 minutes, or until when a toothpick when inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean. Let cool almost completely before slicing.
Disclosure: A Farmgirl’s Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com