Make homemade Strawberry Ice Cream at home for a delicious cool summer treat! You’re gonna love my strawberry ice cream recipe! (contains affiliate links)
What better way to use up all last seasons strawberries than to make a batch of homemade Strawberry Ice Cream! I mean, who doesn’t love homemade ice cream?? And then serve it in store bought waffle cones dipped in crushed Oreo cookies. Can you say yum?! Let me tell you how the kids went absolutely crazy over this yummy treat! Now that I have access to some of the freshest milk available, I knew I had to try my hand at some new ice cream flavors. And with strawberry season quickly approaching, there’s literally no better time!
How do I make homemade ice cream?
Step 1: It’s as simple as making a strawberry puree. Just cook some strawberries in a small saucepan and push them through a food mill. If you don’t have one of these little kitchen gadgets, you’re gonna want to get one. You can make homemade marinara and apple sauce with this baby. Because it pushes the fruit juices through and holds back the pulp and seeds.
Step 2: Mix the fruit puree with the cream mixture, let it chill and process in an ice cream maker. Then, let it freeze for a few hours or overnight. That’s it and within a few hours you’ll have the most creamy and delicious homemade ice cream you’ve ever tasted!
Want the ice cream to taste even better? All I did was pick up some store bought waffle cones, dip them in melted chocolate chips and gently roll into crushed Oreo cookies. That was super easy, right? And it adds a little extra something to your already delicious homemade ice cream. You’ll be the hit of the backyard party with this yummy treat! Try my Strawberry Shortcake recipe with easy drop biscuits and fresh strawberries. Or Strawberry Fruit Bars that are similar to Outshine bars.
Strawberry Ice Cream
- 1 pounds strawberries divided (fresh or frozen)
- 6 fresh strawberries diced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- In a medium saucepan, cook the berries over low to medium heat until they are softened. Push the softened fruit through a food mill. Discard the seeds and pulp. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat the sugar cream and milk, whisk together to dissolve the sugar. Pour the cream and strawberry puree mixtures together and stir. Let cool completely and refrigerate until chilled.
- Pour the chilled cream berry mixture into your ice cream maker and process according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Towards the last few minutes, toss in the diced strawberries. Transfer the ice cream into an airtight container and freeze for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight. Scoop into bowls or into your favorite type of cone to enjoy.
- To make Crushed Oreo Waffle Cones:
- Melt 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips over a double boiler. Dip store bought waffle cones into the melted chocolate and gently roll into crushed Oreo cookies. Let them dry on a half sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Store any extra waffle cones in a large Ziploc bag.
Disclosure: A Farmgirl’s Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com