My recipe for Red Velvet Swirl Marble Cake is wonderfully moist, flavorful, and is simple to make at home. Use fresh eggs and whip up this delicious cake recipe.
For this recipe, I’ve combined the the best of both worlds. Red Velvet Marble Swirl Cake is wonderfully moist and features a basic vanilla cake that you swirl in red velvet.
I’m loving the new Fluted Cake pan from Lodge. Did you buy one yet? Completely worth the investment!
How to get a cake to come out of the pan easily:
Brush the pan with a thin layer of Crisco or vegetable shortening. Then dust with all-purpose flour. Bang out the excess flour.
Bake as directed. Let the cake cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan! Gently remove from the pan onto a baking rack and let cool completely before icing or dusting with powdered sugar.
Do you love my recipes?! I’d LOVE to hear from you! If you have a moment, leave a comment with a star review.
Red Velvet Marble Cake
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter softened
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Cabot Greek Vanilla Bean yogurt (or sour cream)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together softened butter and granulated sugar. Add the vanilla extract and the eggs, one at a time. Combine well. Sift the flour with the baking powder and set aside.
- Add the Greek yogurt and combine. Add the sifted flour, salt and baking powder. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl occasionally, using a rubber spatula.
- Place a third of the cake batter into a bowl. Mix together cider vinegar and baking soda. Add that mixture to the batter along with the unsweetened cocoa powder and red food coloring. Mix together well.
- Prepare a 12- cup Bundt pan with cooking spray and dust with flour.
- Scoop both batters into the prepared baking pan, alternating between both. Use a butter knife to swirl the cake batters together. Be careful not to touch sides or bottom of the pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for about 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick when inserted comes out clean. Take out of the pan and cool on a baking rack.
- Dust with powdered sugar and cut into slices.
Disclosure: A Farmgirl’s Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.