Maple Pecan Crusted Salmon is a wonderful healthy inspired recipe featuring chopped pecans and granulated maple sugar. Healthy eating never tasted so good!
Are you trying to eat healthier but still want your meals to be packed with wonderful flavor? Then you’ll definitely want to try Maple Pecan Crusted Salmon. This recipe is so simple to make. Simply make a pecan coating and rub it on the top of a few salmon filets. If you love salmon, you’ll want to try my Grilled Salmon recipe.
Where do you find Granulated Maple Sugar:
Granulated Maple Sugar is the granulated form of pure maple syrup. Find it at sugar houses’ and farms in New England. Otherwise find it on Amazon.
Substitute granulated maple sugar for equal parts in any recipe that calls for granulated sugar. It gives you a touch of maple taste and is a raw sugar.
How to cook Salmon in the oven:
Simply place the maple pecan coating on the top of the salmon filet and bake in the oven. Or you could place this salmon on a cedar board on the grill. That would be perfect for summer dinners!
More Maple Recipes:
Do you love my recipes?! I’d LOVE to hear from you! If you have a moment, leave a comment with a star review.
Maple Pecan Crusted Salmon
- 2 Salmon filets 5-6 ounces each
- 1/2 cup pecans finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons granulated maple sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons fresh orange zest
- juice from 1/2 orange
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Spray a cast iron pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the chopped pecans, maple sugar, ground mustard, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Press on the top of each salmon filet. Place the fillets in the pan.
- Cook in a preheated 375 degree F oven for about 20-22 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked. Enjoy with seasonal vegetables and rice.
A Farmgirl’s Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com