Cranberry Orange Muffins are easy to make using simple ingredients are perfect for breakfast or brunch.
Orange muffins with cranberries are simple to make and absolutely delicious. Enjoy them for a breakfast treat or with a cup of coffee in the afternoon. I love that cranberries are naturally loaded with vitamin C and well-known for helping urinary track health.
Multiple generations have nurtured and cultivated wetlands, contributed to their local communities, provided shelter and habitat for hundreds of plants and animal species, and helped to preserve the beautiful New England countryside. Ocean Spray originated from three cranberry growers and now has over 700 farm families in their cooperative.
They’ve been extremely successful with creating and manufacturing innovative cranberry products, including canned jellied cranberry sauce and cranberry juice cocktail.
Aren’t these Tulip shaped cupcake liners cute? I love the way they support the tops of my muffins- keeping all that yummy streusel topping in place!
Just place the cranberries on a cutting board and rough cut with a chef’s knife. Yes, some may roll away. But as you cut them, that cut pile will help to keep the uncut ones in place. (Cranberries last in the fridge for weeks, and in the freezer for many months!)
Do you love my recipes? Please take a moment to leave a star rating and share on social media using the hashtag #afarmgirlskitchen
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup (½ stick) butter softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Cranberry Orange Muffins
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup full-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure orange oil
- zest of one orange
- juice from one orange ¼ cup
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries roughly chopped
Cranberry Orange Muffins
- In a medium bowl, combine the streusel ingredients with your hands until it becomes crumbly. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, using either a stand mixer or an electric hand mixer, cream the butter and the sugar together. Add the eggs and sour cream and beat them in well. Add the vanilla, orange oil, orange zest, juice and combine.
- Beat in the flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg and mix until combined. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl occasionally with a rubber spatula.
- Gently fold in the chopped cranberries with a spatula.
- Scoop or pour the muffin batter evenly into 12- paper lined muffin cups. Sprinkle streusel topping on the unbaked muffins.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree F oven for about 30 minutes. Or until a toothpick when inserted comes out clean. Let cool for 10-15 minutes before enjoying.
Disclosure: As an Affiliate Marketer, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click a product affiliate link on A Farmgirl’s Kitchen and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you! I own every cooking product I recommend and love how they perform.