Blueberry Strawberry Salad with Candied Pecans is packed with mesculine greens, fresh strawberries, plump blueberries, and pieces of blue cheese, is perfect for summer lunches or dinner.
Are you trying to eat healthier?
Maple sugar coated nuts are to this day, still one of the best sellers at my parent’s farm, Lamothe’s Sugar House. We made them in a 60-quart steam kettle, spread them on sheet pans, and let them dry with nothing more than the pilot lights in the gas oven. And, can I tell you I’ve been spoiled by all the great commercial equipment I’ve been blessed to use over the years?! The kitchen in our sugarhouse was my home-schooled culinary center. It’s what’s inspired so many great recipes, including my Blueberry Strawberry Salad with Candied Pecans.
You can make your own candied pecans at home or source them in your local grocer. They’re relatively easy to make, and will store for about six months in a glass canning jar. I topped this flavorful salad with one of my best ever marinates, Brown Sugar Mustard Grilled Chicken.
Did you make one of my recipes? Please take a moment to leave a star rating. Also, if you are on Pinterest, please feel free to leave a comment there and a photo if you have one! Follow A Farmgirl’s Kitchen on FACEBOOK and PINTEREST and subscribe my mailing list for ALL the latest recipes!
Blueberry Strawberry Garden Salad with Candied Pecans
- 1 cup baby greens
- 1 breast boneless chicken grilled and sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 fresh strawberries sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons candied pecans
- 4-5 grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons balsamic dressing
- Red onion sliced thinly
- Make the salad by tossing together the greens, onion, tomatoes, blueberries, strawberry slices, pecans and balsamic vinegar dressing in a large bowl.
- Place grilled chicken and sprinkle blue cheese over breast over prepared salad.
Disclosure: As an Affiliate Marketer, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click a product affiliate link on A Farmgirl’s Kitchen and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you! I own every cooking product I recommend and love how they perform.