Turkey Bacon Avocado Panini with melted cheese and maple bacon is delicious for lunch or a quick dinner.
Keeping my Yankee traditions alive in the South, we use granulated maple sugar on everything. Granulated maple sugar is the granulated form of pure maple syrup. Nothing added, no preservatives.
How to cook bacon in the oven:
Step 1: Lay your bacon on a half sheet pan lined with parchment paper, then sprinkle with a generous helping of maple sugar. (Add a little to your coffee while you bake your bacon) Yes, bake the bacon in the oven! This will help crisp your bacon, caramelize it and make cleanup a breeze.
Step 2: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Cook the bacon for about 20 minutes.
Step 3: Use tongs to remove the bacon from the pan and place on a plate lined with paper towels. This will absorb some of the fat.
TIP for leftover bacon grease: (Use the leftover bacon grease for your dog – mix in with his dry food, along with a raw egg to keep his fur looking like a puppy’s)
How to make a Turkey Bacon Panini:
Step 1: Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on your sourdough bread. Place a few slices of turkey breast, avocado slices, maple coated bacon, and slices of cheese, variety of your choice.
I used my panini press, but if you don’t have one, you can certainly use a cast iron skillet, with a smaller cast iron skillet set on top, to press the sandwich down. (If you do use a cast iron skillet, be sure to either use a few tablespoons of butter or olive oil in the pan)
For the panini press, I did not need to use any cooking spray or anything, because it’s a non-stick surface. Heat to medium-high and cook the panini for about 3-4 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
Remove the sandwich from the panini press and slice. Enjoy with potato chips and pickles. The flavors are amazing in this sandwich – warm gooey Borden® Cheese paired with salty-sweet maple bacon and fresh avocado slices. Tell me how your panini came out, I’d love to hear from you!
Did you make one of my recipes? Please take a moment to leave a star rating. Also, if you are on Pinterest, please feel free to leave a comment there and a photo if you have one! Follow A Farmgirl’s Kitchen on FACEBOOK and PINTEREST and subscribe my mailing list for ALL the latest recipes!
Turkey Bacon Avocado Panini
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1 avocado sliced
- 6 slices turkey breast
- 6 slices maple sugar coated bacon
- 2 Gouda Cheese, slices
- 2 Pepper jack cheese, slices
Maple Coated Bacon
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place a pound of bacon on a parchment lined half sheet pan. Sprinkle generously with granulated maple sugar. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until golden and crispy. Use tongs to remove the bacon from the hot sheet pan and place on paper towels on a plate.
Assemble the Panini
- Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on both pieces of sourdough bread. Layer 3 slices of turkey breast, maple sugar coated bacon, avocado slices and one slice of each cheese.
- Place on a preheated panini press, on medium to high heat. Press down and cook the sandwich for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the cheese is melted good and the bread is nicely browned. Repeat with the second sandwich.
Disclosure: As an Affiliate Marketer, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click a product affiliate link on A Farmgirl’s Kitchen and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you! I own every cooking product I recommend and love how they perform.