Creamy yogurt and fresh berries are swirled together to make hot summer days a bit cooler with these refreshing Berry Swirl Yogurt Popsicles. Homemade Popsicles are easy to make and delicious with fresh berries.
Summer is in full swing and berries are readily available at local farms and farmers markets. What better way to use fresh berries and stay cool than to make these delicious homemade Berry Swirl Yogurt Popsicles. Don’t these popsicles look so refreshing and tasty?! And, you’ve gotta love a homemade frozen treat!
Whenever I find berries on sale, or in an abundance at our local farmer’s market, I stock up. Thankfully, we have an upright freezer and can store plenty of berries. Freeze them on a half sheet pan lined with parchment paper, then place them into a large Ziploc bag. This way, you’re freezing berries at the peak of freshness and they’ll be in your freezer whenever you want to make these popsicles, or a smoothie, or a fruit pie.
FRUIT PIE RECIPES:
I searched high and low for a good popsicle mold and couldn’t find one in any store. But, I found one I LOVE on Amazon. Don’t forget to hand wash the top, as it the metal will discolor with the heat of the dishwasher. I bought two molds, one to use and one to wash. (Be sure and order a few extra wooden sticks!)
Simple to make with only a few ingredients, and oh so delicious! Summer never tasted so good!
How to make Homemade Popsicles:
Step 1: In a medium saucepan, cook the berries to soften them. Remove them from the heat and put into a blender and puree. Let cool completely.
Step 2: In a large measuring cup, stir together the yogurt, honey, and lemon juice. Swirl the cooled fruit mixture into the yogurt, creating a marble look.
Step 3: Pour yogurt berry mixture evenly into the ice pop molds. Cover the molds with lids and insert wooden craft sticks. Let freeze until firm, about 4 hours or overnight.
Step 4: Gently remove the ice pops from the molds, using warm water. Place them in freezer safe bags.
Do you love my recipes? Please take a moment to leave a star rating and share on social media using the hashtag #afarmgirlskitchen
Berry Swirl Yogurt Pops
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen strawberries half or whole
- 2 cups full-fat Greek style yogurt plain or vanilla
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, cook the berries until they are soft, 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat, put softened berry mixture into a blender, and puree. Let cool to room temperature.
- In a large glass measuring cup, stir together the yogurt, honey, and lemon juice. Swirl the cooled fruit mixture into the yogurt mixture, creating a marble effect.
- Pour the yogurt-berry mixture evenly into 10 ice pop molds. Cover molds with lids and insert wooden craft sticks, about three quarters the way down.
- Freeze until firm, about 4 hours or overnight. When they are fully frozen, run the bottom of the4 molds under warm water to easily remove the ice pops. Place them in a baking pan or half sheet pan lined with parchment paper and put immediately back in the freezer to harden back up.
- Serve immediately, or store the pops in the freezer, in freezer-proof bags for up to 1-2 months.
Disclosure: As an Affiliate Marketer, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click a product affiliate link on A Farmgirl’s Kitchen and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you! I own every cooking product I recommend and love how they perform.