Breakfast Tater Tot Casserole is quick, easy, and uses only a few simple ingredients for a one pot dish perfect for breakfast and brunch.
This Breakfast Tater Tot Casserole is perfect! It’s so simple to make with ingredients you probably already have on hand and is beyond delicious!
Are you like me and only cook in cast iron? In our kitchen we mostly use Lodge’s 10-inch and 12-inch cast iron skillet. But I love their 17-inch one for pizza. Check out my homemade Cast Iron Pizza recipe. Oh my goodness! If you’ve never made pizza or a pie in a cast iron skillet, you simply must try!
How to make a Breakfast Tater Tot Casserole:
Step 1: Brown sweet sausage or spice it up with some hot sausage.
Step 2: Place the browned sausage in the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish.
Step 3: Layer the browned sausage in the bottom of the casserole dish. This is one of my new favorite baking casserole dish that Lodge makes. Order yourself one soon and you’ll be making all sorts of great dishes in it! Buy it on Amazon.
Step 4: Sprinkle with shredded cheese, using whatever flavor you prefer. You’re welcome to even add some sauteed bell peppers and yellow onions, or spread a layer of pimento cheese on top. Oh, that would be delicious!
Step 5: Pour the egg and milk mixture over the top of the sausage and shredded cheese.
Step 6: Top with frozen tater tots. Bake for about 35 minutes in a preheated 350 degree F oven and then top with a little more cheese. Bake a few minutes more just to melt it and Viola! Top with some bacon and you’re ready to enjoy!
More Breakfast and Brunch Recipes:
Do you love my recipes? If you have a moment, please leave a star rating. Did you make one of my recipes?! Please share on social media and hashtag #afarmgirlskitchen
Breakfast Tater Tot Casserole
- 4-5 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 pound Sweet pork sausage Neese's brand
- 2 cups shredded cheddar jack (8-ounce package)
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds tater tots frozen
- 2 tablespoons green onions sliced finely
- In a large skillet, over medium high heat brown the sausage. Remove the cooked sausage with a slotted spoon and place in the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle the shredded cheese over top the sausage.
- In a large bowl or glass measuring cup, whisk together the milk, eggs, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Pour evenly over the cheese and sausage. Layer the top with frozen tater tots, keeping them all the same direction.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for about 35 minutes. Top with an additional 1/2 cup of shredded cheese, crumbled bacon, and bake for another 5-10 minutes. Just until the cheese is melted and the top is golden brown. Garnish with finely chopped green onion. Serve immediately.
Disclosure: As an Affiliate Marketer, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click a product affiliate link on A Farmgirl’s Kitchen and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you! I own every cooking product I recommend and love how they perform.