This coming weekend is Super Bowl Sunday, and what better dish to make than my Jalapeno Chili?! It’s flavorful with a little kick of heat, and you can adjust the kick as you see fit. Dunk a chunk of crunchy French bread into this chili and be sure to top it with freshly shredded Cabot cheese and sour cream. Now that’s a hearty meal that will warm you up!
Aren’t these little crocks so adorable? I got them right after I graduated high school. Now, I’m dating myself. They actually have a matching baked bean pot. If you have a local bakery that makes bread bowls, (out of either a French or Italian bread) grab them! Do you remember going to the local country fair and eating New England Clam Chowder in bread bowls? Oh my goodness, yum!
Do you love my recipes? If you have a moment, please leave a star rating! Did you make one of my recipes? Please share on social media and hashtag #afarmgirlskitchen
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds ground round or chuck
- 1 pound ground pork
- 8-10 slices thick-cut bacon cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers diced small
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 14.5-ounce cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 29-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 12-ounce can tomato paste
- 1 15.5-ounce can dark red kidney beans
- 2 15.5-ounce cans black beans
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 1.25-ounce packets of McCormick original Chili seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Brown the bacon in a Dutch oven over medium to high heat. Remove from the pan using a slotted spoon and set on a paper towel lined plate. Set aside.
- Drain all but 1 tablespoon or so of the bacon fat. Saute the onions and bell peppers in the fat, just until translucent.
- Add the ground beef and pork and brown. Stir occasionally with a wooden spoon. Once cooked, drain off any excess fat with a large spoon and discard. Season with salt and ground pepper.
- Once the meat is browned, add the remaining ingredients, stirring well to combine. Season again with salt and ground pepper if needed. Place in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Serve with crusty French bread slices and top with sour cream and shredded cheese. Top with jalapeno pepper slices if desired for garnish.