Maple Pecan Blondie Bars. This quick and simple white brownie type dessert is the perfect treat. If you’ve never cooked or baked with granulated maple sugar– it’s a must try! Top with vanilla ice cream, drizzle with a little caramel sauce and indulge a little this weekend.
Maple-Pecan Blondie Bars
- 1 cup (2 sticks butter) softened
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar packed
- ½ cup granulated maple sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup pecans
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, maple sugar and brown sugar. Add the salt, vanilla and eggs and combine. Add the flour, baking soda, powder and combine. Scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula a few times, making sure everything is thoroughly combined.
- Add the pecans and chocolate chips and combine gently.
- Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Spread the dough into the pan as best you can.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for about 35 minutes or until it is golden brown. Let cool almost completely before cutting into squares.