Butter Cake is a super moist and melt in your mouth delicious cake. This one is a Southern tradition- Homemade Butter Cake.
You’ll probably have all of the ingredients already in the house. If you are anything like me, you keep 10 to 12 pounds of butter in the freezer at all times!
I also keep a commercial stainless steel rack filled with all of my baking equipment and supplies right in our kitchen. This helps keep all of my ingredients right at my finger tips. What could be better than a cake that’s got fresh, creamy butter, sugar and then drizzled with a buttery, sugar syrup while it’s still warm, then sprinkled with powdered sugar. Just eating it warm! Make sure you stock up on ice-cold milk to go along with this yummy cake!
Did you make one of my recipes? Please take a moment to leave a star rating. Also, if you are on Pinterest, please feel free to leave a comment there and a photo if you have one! Follow A Farmgirl’s Kitchen on FACEBOOK and PINTEREST and subscribe my mailing list for ALL the latest recipes!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Butter Syrup:
- ¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter, granulated sugar and vanilla extract. Add the eggs one at a time, then the buttermilk and combine. Scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Add the flour, baking soda, powder, salt and combine thoroughly.
- Prepare a Bundt pan with baking spray and flour. Pour the cake batter evenly into the Bundt pan.
- Bake the cake in a preheated 350 F degree oven for about 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Keep the cake in the pan. Poke a few holes in the cake with a toothpick.
- In a small saucepan, over low to medium heat, melt the butter, sugar and lemon juice. Remove from the heat and stir in the almond and vanilla extract. Pour the sugary mixture over the cake and let it absorb for about 10 minutes or so. Turn the cake out to continue to cool on a baking rack, sitting on a parchment lined half sheet pan. Serve immediately or enjoy later.