Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta
Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta is always a favorite and super simple to make. This appetizer or light lunch captures the essence of summer.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 6 people
- 4-5 large heirloom tomatoes or 24 cherry tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- fresh basil, to taste julienned
- 1 baguette cut into 1/2-inch slices
- freshly grated or shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
In a medium bowl, toss the tomatoes, peppers, onion, garlic, and basil with olive oil, honey, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Drizzle olive oil into a large cast iron skillet over medium to high heat, toast the baguette slices for a few minutes on each side. Drizzle more olive oil if needed as the bread toasts.
Remove the toasted bread from the skillet and top with bruschetta mixture. Top with Parmigiano-Reggiano and enjoy.
Calories: 209kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 339mg | Potassium: 110mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 125IU | Vitamin C: 5.5mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1.4mg