Flavors of spice and pumpkin will excite your weekend breakfasts.
Servings 6 people
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs room temperature, separated
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- pure maple syrup for serving
- whipped cream for serving
Separate your eggs into 2 different bowls. Add 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar to the egg whites and beat them using a hand mixer until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients with a spoon. Add the egg yolks, vanilla, melted butter, pumpkin and buttermilk and combine. Gently fold in the whipped egg whites with a rubber spatula.
Cook the waffles in your waffle iron according to the manufacturer's instructions. Serve with warm maple syrup and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Heat your oven to about 200 degrees F to keep waffles warm while you cook the rest. Place them on a half sheet pan lined with parchment paper or in a ceramic baking dish.
Calories: 467kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 148mg | Sodium: 231mg | Potassium: 490mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 6995IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 224mg | Iron: 4mg