I spent the past weekend at Lord Camden Inn, Camden, Maine. Creating a Farmgirl style breakfast with their own chef, Eric Boucher. We had a blast and everyone loved the food. One thing we served was Maple Pepper Bacon. Super simple to make at home!
Line a half sheet pan with a piece of parchment paper for easy clean up. One-pound of bacon fits perfectly on a half sheet pan if you overlap it just a tad. Generously sprinkle the bacon with the maple pepper mixture and bake in a preheated 425 degree F oven for about 20 minutes. Or until it’s cooked like you like it. Remove from the pan immediately, or it will stick to the pan. Let it drain on a paper towel. This bacon is delicious in baked mac and cheese, BLT’s or breakfast sandwiches. We also love it on a grilled chicken sandwich with avocado. Yummy. You’ll be licking your fingers on this one.
Maple Pepper Bacon
- 1 cup granulated maple sugar
- 3 tablespoons dry mustard
- 5 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion
- 2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl with a spoon. Place the spice mixture in either a glass jar with a lid or airtight deli-style container.