Plump juicy blueberries mixed with freshly picked ripe peaches make this Blueberry Peach Crumble delicious. Top with vanilla ice cream for a simple dessert.
Summer has quickly passed by. Peaches this summer were beyond beautiful. They were absolutely huge, plump with sweet juices. I stocked up, probably because they were calling to me! You can usually get a bulk price if you ask the local farmer at the farmer’s market. I got a few extra, cut them up while perfectly ripe and put them in freezer bags in our freezer for later. This simple task makes my baking a quick and simple dessert that much easier. I’m certain you are going to LOVE my Blueberry Peach Crumble. It’s a mix of peaches and blueberries, with the perfect amount of lemon juice and sugar. Rolled up into a crumble crust. Perfect with vanilla ice cream or just by itself.
Blueberry Peach Crumble
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar packed
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 pints fresh blueberries
- 2 large/extra large fresh peaches sliced into small pieces
- 1/2 cup tapioca
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2/3 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches, blueberries, lemon juice, tapioca and sugar. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 13x9-inch baking pan by using a pastry brush and spreading a thin layer of vegetable shortening on sides and bottom of pan.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Add the rolled oats, flour, salt and baking powder and stir into the creamed mixture.
- Press half of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared 13x9 -inch baking pan.
- Spread the blueberry and peach mixture over the crust. Crumble the remaining crust mixture over the top.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes. Or until the top is bubbly and lightly golden brown.
- Let cool completely before cutting into the crumble/cobbler.