There’s nothing quite better than a warm slice of homemade Farmhouse Banana Bread. Maybe there is- Banana bread with Grape Nuts® cereal in the crumble topping. This quick bread will literally melt in your mouth. Brew yourself a fresh cup of coffee, because you’re gonna want to sit, sip and enjoy this one.
I love family holiday traditions. For our family, that means making cookies together as a family, tackling the putting up the Christmas tree and spending quality time together. Boy, sometimes that tree can be a struggle, even a fight or two sometimes. But, we always work it out and bond as a family. Christmas tunes playing
This holiday season, I’m beyond excited to go to the movies with my family to see SING©! This movie is heartwarming, inspiring and perfect for teaching a great lesson. Never let anyone bring you down, tell you you’re not good enough or hold you back. Reach for the stars! Watch the trailer with your family for SING© and tell me what you think! It’s in theaters starting December 21, 2016. Boy am I excited about seeing this one!
You don’t even really need to use an electric hand mixer. Simply mash the ripe bananas with a fork and cream the butter with the sugars using a wooden spoon. It’s as simple as that! For this really delicious banana bread, I whipped up some crunchy crumble topping using Grape Nuts cereal®. I’ve always loved using cereals in recipes! They just give you an extra body and flavor to anything you are creating. This recipe makes two loaves of banana bread. Keep one- guaranteed you won’t be able to wait too long to slap a big piece of creamy butter on it, while it’s still hot. The other loaf you can save for the next day to enjoy (or share the love this holiday season and pass it along to a neighbor)! Save on Grape Nuts® cereal now! Get your coupon HERE!
This holiday season, we’re heading back up North to see our families. I’m excited to see my parents and the possibility of snow! We’ll drop the kids off at the farm to stay and we’ll be heading to a hotel close by. Peace and happiness. Everyone’s happy! What are your plans for the holiday season with your own family? Don’t forget to tell me how you like this farmhouse banana bread, featuring Grape Nuts® cereal!
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 3 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 3 cups cake or all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Grape Nuts® cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray two loaf pans with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the topping ingredients with your fingers or a spoon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer or wooden spoon, cream together the sugars and butter. Add the mashed bananas, vanilla, eggs and combine well. Add the buttermilk, flour, baking soda, powder and salt and combine well.
- Divide the batter evenly between two prepared loaf pans. Spoon topping over each cake, evenly. Bake in the preheated 350 degree F oven for about 50 minutes. Or until a toothpick when inserted comes out clean. Let cool for 20 minutes before removing from the pan. Cut into slices and enjoy.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Promotion starts 11/1/16 at 12:00 PM (noon) ET and ends 3/31/2017 at 11:59:59 PM ET. Open only to legal residents of the 50 US/DC, 18 years of age or older. See Official Rules for instructions on how to enter, how to obtain codes without purchase, prize details, restrictions, odds of winning, etc. Void where prohibited by law. Sponsor: Post Consumer Brands, LLC.